Out of Memory error

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It occasionally happens with the large scenarios. It happens to me when I am loading the next scenario in the Forging Steel campaign (after it prompts you to save the file), then as it is loading the next mission I get the 'out of memory'. If I load from the save file it works just fine. Only happens with the larger scenarios so guess it means what it says :)

It occasionally happens with the large scenarios. It happens to me when I am loading the next scenario in the Forging Steel campaign (after it prompts you to save the file), then as it is loading the next mission I get the 'out of memory'. If I load from the save file it works just fine. Only happens with the larger scenarios so guess it means what it says :)

That makes sense.

I've been seeing this happen a LOT when I'm working on a large mission of my own. This is what ALWAYS happens. I open the map up in either 3D view or for placing units and everything's fine. But, if I don't exit the editor before attempting to do the same thing again, it always crashes with a fatal error - out of memory warning.

I am not a computer guy but I would guess that the 'old' copy of the 3D map still resides in your memory somewhere and when you reload it, there's not enough left to load it twice. But exiting the editor clears it out. So my advice would be to exit the campaign after saving and then start the new mission with a 'clean' memory.

Its not a campaign - It's my scenario. It always worked before. There was a problem with the game turning into a slide show in 1.10. I would back out and load it again and it would work for one or two turns. Soon, it would turn into a slide show and I would repeat the process. However, with the 1.11 patch.... I can not play it at all. At 29 percent it stops loading - 2 minutes later it reports a memory error. It is a baked scenario.... So maybe that's it. If you all are fine with it, I am too.

This is also happening to me on mission 06 I think of the official campaign. On 1.10 I used to get the slide show on this mission, but now when it gets to the point where it used to give me the slide show, I cannot load save games.

I watch the process in task manager and it gets to about 1.8 gig of memory then crashes saying "out of memory" (also on 29% on the loading bar). I have 3GB of RAM.

I've seen the official response from Steve about the slide show issue (and why they changed to the blue bar), and quite frankly, I didn't buy it at all. The issue always felt like a coding issue with some sort of infinate loop kicking in since the game would always run fine for two more turns after a reload. Now with 1.11 it appears the game has a memory leak issue....what do you know.... I feel the two issues are related and caused by the same problem.

Just had this today. Whilst playing the "Pooh" battle of the campaign in WEGO, half way through the replay I lost all sound, and then when I attempted to save the game I got an "Out of Memory" error and the game crashed. I have 2 GB of memory and a 4 GB permanent page file, so I should have no problems with memory. It was also about 45 minutes towards the end of the battle, when I used to get the "slideshow" problem.

I had a "Fatal error run out of memory" crash with the Forging Steel campaign. This happened after the second battle had completed and the 3rd battle was loading. I could open and play the saved game. Looks like version 11 is better but the memory leak is still there. I never could get through Pooh in v 10. I never played that battle in 11.......

I have a nividia 7800 gs card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IS there an official reply to this?

I'm a bit pissed off that I install patch 1.11 and now I am getting this Out of Memory error...never had it before in 1.10 and tried to load my campaign tonight and all of a sudden this.

A bit disconcerting that there is no Battlefront response to this either.

Some help would be appreciated?

I'm getting the 'out of memory' error in the TF Lightning Campaign. After the 'Night Stalkers' mission, I can't load the next one from the latest save file.

1.11 Patch and 2GB memory

Me too! Exact same problem.

Another thread suggests either reinstall from scratch (remembering to copy precious saved games elsewhere first - uninstall deletes them!) or surrendering...

He goes again - I have lost count how many times I have reinstalled... but better than surrendering! Which I may have have to do at some point :(

Knotso - happy

Just want to add my input to this, as I'm having problems as well. When playing QB (either by myself or online), I get an out of memory error (hence CTD) at 84%. No other number, just 84%.

The really frustrating thing about this is the fact that I have to start the same scenario I want more than four times (that includes starting the game, loading and then crashing). I will try a re-install and see how that works, but from experience with previous games, this doesn't seem to help much.

Vista 32-bit Home Premium

4GB RAM

768mb 8800GTX

Marines module installed on top of original CM:SF

Btw, I never had any problems with this on the 1.10 patch. I also have this game and the Marines module installed on another computer, and that runs fine.

• 4 weeks later...

My $.02...

I've got 4 GB RAM, which is 4 times the recommended amount. Like many others with the issue I'm running a flavor of Vista 64. My drivers are updated. So far I notice the problem with a large map I'm trying to make. I respectfully suggest there is still a memory issue with the game.