Death of The Scenario Depot

I posted this at TPG and thought I would share my thoughts here as well.

wargamer.com has been the place to get scenarios for Steel Panthers for a long time. The process requires approval of the upload before it appears for download.

There are some CM scens placed there.

SZO is a interesting place that I frequent.

It has been better at times than it is right now. Vacations and RL have taken some of the regulars away.

While I am a web sufer, I find it somewhat frustrating to have to search a few sites in order to check the latest stuff. For CM I only needed to go to BFC, TPG, TSD and cmmods on a daily basis.

For SP I check Shrapnel, Matrix, the Depot, wargamer, SZO, 2 yahoo groups.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a massive loss for the community. Hopefully something can be salvaged.

Thanks for all you have done for the CM world, good admiral. Best of luck at the new job, and we all look forward to version 3.0 in the future.

This is a copy of the reply I left on CMAK formum

Hi, When it comes down to getting all the scenario's that were at the Depot, and plus a lot of others that were not, it has been my passtime between playing, work and school to download all scenario's that I can get ahold of.

So I have almost everthing available from whatever sites, past and present, there have been. I also have records in excel format for each scenario that I have.

So if someone can set up a new Depot and requires all the scenario's and the excel lists drop me a line, I have them all. My last download from the Scenario Depot was a day before it went offline so I have all the latest from there.

Hope someone is interested!!!!

Hey Birdgunner,

If you have made a record from one of my scenarios than I would be very happy to get that from you,specially if it contains helpfull critics..... ;)

here are a few

CMBB

Seelow heights

Jevzek

Prokhorovka

CMBB operation

Warschau Uprising

CMAK

Clervaux,deathtrapp for the 110th inf regiment

CMBO

Day of the wasps

May 1940

Bocage fun

Operation Goodwood

Originally posted by BirdGunner:

This is a copy of the reply I left on CMAK formum

Hi, When it comes down to getting all the scenario's that were at the Depot, and plus a lot of others that were not, it has been my passtime between playing, work and school to download all scenario's that I can get ahold of.

So I have almost everthing available from whatever sites, past and present, there have been. I also have records in excel format for each scenario that I have.

So if someone can set up a new Depot and requires all the scenario's and the excel lists drop me a line, I have them all. My last download from the Scenario Depot was a day before it went offline so I have all the latest from there.

Hope someone is interested!!!!

Yep me!

All the scenarii!

Please e-mail me at this adress: morel.jean-francois@club-internet.fr

Recommend someone tries to get everything he has. I'll volunteer as King Fahd has died this morning and that has given me an unexpected three day holiday (for mourning) so I have time to get these scenarii.

I have a site that can take 50 MB so I could take the three sets one after another.

uploaded/downloaded.

Email me

Wayne100@emirates.net.ae

I'll give you the login and password to upload the scenarii, then I'll download and clear the site, email you and we'll do it again

Admiral Keth

I would like to add to the many thanks and appreciation for your wonderfully hard work and providing such a site like the Scenario Depot. It has been a source of many a pleasurable scenario for many of us and also a way to share our own creations. I do hope it will be resurrected in some way or another.

Cheers

Chee-Yan

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to say I did not keep records of AAR and critques, As I have said, I have the Scenarios/Operations and a Excel list of the basic info for each scenario.. Unfortunely I don't have the names of the authors or designers of the scenarios. My excel lists include the following info:

Scenario Name

Version

Turn size

Game size

Game location

Year

Month

Time of day

Weather'

Ground conditions

Dug in/or not

Attacker

Allies

Axis

Type

Remarks/Short Disc

Originally posted by BirdGunner:

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to say I did not keep records of AAR and critques, As I have said, I have the Scenarios/Operations and a Excel list of the basic info for each scenario.. Unfortunely I don't have the names of the authors or designers of the scenarios. My excel lists include the following info:

Scenario Name

Version

Turn size

Game size

Game location

Year

Month

Time of day

Weather'

Ground conditions

Dug in/or not

Attacker

Allies

Axis

Type

Remarks/Short Disc

Thanks!

I'll give the files to the french admins of "appuifeu" a cm dedicated site.

While I am not in a position to distribute them to individual players, I too have almost all the battles and ops that were posted at the Depot and more for all three CM games. If someone is able pull together a new site with a comprehensive offering of the battles and ops for any or all of the CM games, I will be happy to share what I have on many floppy disks to make the offering more complete.

I've posted Bruce Doiron's collection of scenarios and operations that he had downloaded from the Scenario Depot over at CMMODS in the CMBB section. It comes as seven zips and a notes section, but is still difficult to use -- there are so many scenarios it is very hard to find anything, but at least its a start. Hopefully a new Depot will rise from the ashes very soon, making it redundant (otherwise I would suggest that someone put together a sorted version).

The exercise needs to be repeated for CMBO and CMAK.

As far as I'm aware there are three possible offers of a "one stop home" for scenarios being seriously considered:

1. The Proving Grounds

(using GJK's existing server and design/implementation)

2. CMMODS

3. The Proving Grounds (using gregories.net server with Cpl Carrot design/implementation)

I'm willing to work with Cpl Carrot to make #3 happen, but neither of us want to waste our effort if 1 or 2 or something else is going to happen.

What's the status of everyone's plans?

Ta,

GaJ