Your favorite vehicle in CM is?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm favorite tank, PanzerIVG, when i play as SS, i like the 20mm in an attack or defense, also when i play as SS, i like the wespe alot, wich is realistic, not gamey with ss formations in the case of the 20mm and the wespe, most people dot like the wespe or any on field arty, but eveytime i use the wespe it has deadly effects on the battlefield, as allies i enjoy the 105mm howitzer alot, and the canadian small mortar teams are fun as well, for some reason i realy enjoy the stuart tanks, there a blast, i'm not into mixing and matching infantry, unless once in a great great while i will throw in a single platoon of fj troops if i play werhmacht for flavor. the 75mm anti tank gun is also fun as well, oh and i can't forget the 150mm rockets, there always a gamble, but for 55 points there hard to pass up, nebelwerfers were very common as well, the psw scout cars and jeps i like alot too, the pumas i dont have a problem with, it's just for some reason i try to stray from them, i mean they are after all only a scout car, and expensive for the purpose, i'll take the 50mm anti tank gun over the totaly vulnerable and expensive puma if need be, i also dont use the big arty. 75mm to 105 is fine with me, more then adequete, i like to play on small maps multi player. i also like the stugs alot, the hetzers are over used and over rated

Usually I like vehicles with deadly gun and little armour. Why? Because I want to destroy my enemies, but if I have something like Tiger or Pershing, I will get careless and have it killed in no time. For example, PzKpfw-IV, Marders, StuG's or non-wonderbra Shermans (but I do prefer that 76mm gun, thank you!).

Fear the Stuart. I wub them. Enough MG's to suppress infantry quite well. Fast. Cheap. Looks cool.

After that, anything that makes buildings EXPLODE, collateral damage and scaring the **** out of infantry using buildings is the way I like it.

I'd have to say my favorite would be the "Meat an

Taters" of either army, the infantry. A German Platoon with panzerfausts a mortar and Machine Gun

are very effective. Well the American squads had

plenty of men but no anti tank cabality. I kinda feel bad for the Canadian troops( I'm Canadian myself ) as their equipment

and training seemed outdated for the times.

Umm, hello people?

The Tiger tank. Enough armor to survive almost any encounter, but not so strong against tungsten that your opponents cry foul. Beyond having the BEST AT main gun in CMBO, the 88, (which is the only way to kill those damned churchill VII's), it also comes with a massive supply of HE. This makes it one of the best anti-tank units, and THE best infantry support tank in the german arsenal.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

The Tiger tank. Enough armor to survive almost any encounter, but not so strong against tungsten that your opponents cry foul. Beyond having the BEST AT main gun in CMBO, the 88, (which is the only way to kill those damned churchill VII's), it also comes with a massive supply of HE. This makes it one of the best anti-tank units, and THE best infantry support tank in the german arsenal.<hr></blockquote>

Nah. I just destroyed one with a Sherman-75 in PBEM. Okay, it was a flank shot from 100 metres, but that's the secret. "Tiger" is a misleading name, it would be better called as "Limping Snail".

Besides, the L56 gun in Tiger I is inferior to that of Panther, Jagdpanzer IV, Königstiger, Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger.

I agree about the infantry support thing, its armour makes it very tolerant against Bazookas and PIAT's.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Sergei ]</p>

I would say off the top of my hat the Panther.

The Medium Cat can kill anything in the Allied arsenal and it can even provide a little infantry support once it has taken care of enemy armor.

But coming in real close is the FireFly and Cromwell.

Firefly can kill most anything on the German side and the Cromwell is just plain murder on German Troops.

Gen

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sergei:

Nah. I just destroyed one with a Sherman-75 in PBEM. Okay, it was a flank shot from 100 metres, but that's the secret. "Tiger" is a misleading name, it would be better called as "Limping Snail".

Besides, the L56 gun in Tiger I is inferior to that of Panther, Jagdpanzer IV, Königstiger, Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger.

I agree about the infantry support thing, its armour makes it very tolerant against Bazookas and PIAT's.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Sergei ]<hr></blockquote>

Even though my fav is also the Tiger, I kinda have to agree with you Sergie. That's why I can't wait for CMBB so we'll finally see how deadly the Tiger can be when it hunts in it's intended environment!

Favorite is different from best buy for the money.

Some of my less obvious favorites are:

"Ignore" the obvious ones: cats (panthers & tigers), but I do love 'em.

No so obvious:

Chaffee - fast as hell & can kill any krauts from the side or rear.

Jumbo - many shells bounce off (you get to shoot a second time) & can kill.

PZ IV/70 - see Jumbo.

JgPz IV - see Jumbo.

Stuart - fast as hell & can kill most krauts from the side or rear.

M-8 Greyhounds - See Stuarts.

German 20 mm Armored Cars - Can kill US 50 cal Halftracks & Allied A/Cs & beat up Allied inf.

German 75 mm Armored Cars - Can beat up Allied inf & effective against Allied A/Cs & 1/2tracks.

Big Arty & Mortars (especially US) 105 mm & larger - kills enemy grunts by the car loads.

Para/Fallshirm/Gerbirgs Inf - better than run of the mill grunts.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all. smile.gifsmile.gif

Cheers, Richard :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

That's why I can't wait for CMBB so we'll finally see how deadly the Tiger can be when it hunts in it's intended environment!<hr></blockquote>

Yes, it's good to always remember that most of these vehicles had been in use before 1944 (with HotKiss it's quite obvious). PzKpfw VIE was a totally different Übercat in 1942 than it was in '44 and '45 - as I noticed to my dismay in a SPWAW PBEM game... still managed to get some with 76,2mm ATG's and Il-2's, though.

Fortunately CM:BB is going to have that optional rarity. Otherwise you'd be seeing T-34's all the time in July 1941, and so on.