Your favorite vehicle in CM is?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. I think the Comet is the SEXIEST tank in CMBB.. it looks so cool.. you could definately pick up loose women in that thing.

As for usefulness.. the Churchill VII - good 75mm gun, almost impenetrable frontal armor. Gotta love that. I've taken out more Tigers with those than anything else.

After much thought, I'd have to say that I'm partial to the SPW 234/3 (75mm AC) for the Germans and 76mm Shermans for the Allies. I've had good success with both of these vehicles lately, and there's a special pleasure that comes from finishing a scenario where your armor has dished out most (or all) of its HE... ;)

In real life I love the Hellcat, but in the game you often don't have the air recon and the space to use them like they were used historically. The Sherman 76s are over priced hamsters, but if you can get a line on some German infantry once their cover is blown they are ok,

I guess the Hetzer would then be my favorite tank in the game. stuff it into a corner with protected flanks, and I have had one take out 6 Shermans.

Well, the Panther's great but I lean towards the ugly, boxy shape of the Tiger IE. For some reason I have EXTREMELY good luck with these things. Tank killing power and infantry-meat grinder capability from the '88. Sorry guys, you'll have to try something better than 57mm on those flanks.

Tied in 2nd place for me is the Jagdpanzer IV/70, Panzer IV/70 tank destroyers or the StuH'42. The StuH'42 is simply the best infantry killing AFV the Axis player can get. Decent armor protection and most of all, not open topped like the Hummel! The Jagdpanzer/Panzer IV/70 TD's are extremely well suited for their roles and have nasty low silhouettes. Their 75mm guns are capable of defeated all but the heaviest of tanks frontally from CM's engagement ranges. Most off all, they're not as pricey as the "mythical" Jagdpanther that I usually have bad luck with.

Oh, and to piss someone off, putting a Jagdtiger in a good position with ample defenders. That usually will irk someone.

I like the King Tiger but I just don't pick them too much. I bog more often with them. In the right situation though, they can be a menace.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Warmaker ]</p>