Tal Malah

Hello All!

Hope you're having a great weekend thus far. Today we are adding Al Hamamiyat to the key battles of the Spring/Summer Offensive of 2019 that we've covered thus far. A huge heap of praise goes to Aurelius for helping make this one happen!

Here's the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynsfkys3cvupgfb/Al Hamamiyat.btt?dl=0

The map is 3km x 2km. It is a Blue Attack Scenario that is best played as Blue. There is a simple Blue AI plan for those that wish to create a QB map from it. The scenario has the player taking over command of local SAA forces at close to dusk on July 11, 2019.

Hope everyone's weekend just got a tiny bit sweeter.

Respectfully,

LL

Hi All,

Sorry about the radio silence. We have been busy working on our next phase of the project, which is a campaign covering the Spring/Summer offensive of 2019 from early May thru current. Right now we are testing new scenario concepts and creating maps. All of your favorite characters will be making a return. Abu Bob, Abu Steve, Abu Allmani, the GoPro Units...and a few new ones that you'll hopefully enjoy even more. I know you're asking, "but how are they making a return if I killed them in the last scenario?!?!". Ask yourself how many times a terrorist has been declared dead only to turn up at a later date alive and well...🤣

We'll post some screens as we get closer to completion.

Hi All!

Hope you had a great weekend. Time for a quick update. Our first 4k x 4k master map of Al Arbaeen and Al Zaka is coming along nicely so I thought I'd post a couple of in-progress shots:

Al Arbaeen area:

6zbIyHe.png

EFCiv7E.png

YMhciJL.png

c9LfiTU.png

Al Zaka area:

OK0utDS.png

aHnpRF7.png

Kafr Nabudah is also a 4k master map and is currently in progress along with Hobait, Jibeen, and Al Mughayr...many more to come as we progress.

To save you time in hunting around the thread, here's list of published scenarios thus far in the form of Dropbox links:

Tal Malah - Blue Defend

Qasabiyeh - Blue Defend

Qasabiyeh - Blue Attack

Kabani - Meeting Engagement

Attera - Blue Attack

Al Hamamiyat - Blue Attack

Respectfully,

LL

Playing Qasabiyeh - Blue Attack is quite fun as Blue. Nice scenario. I do not want to give some spoilers. But, after my second attempt, I am still running out of time. 50 minutes is quite short since I am a very cautious player. But, I have not used all my artillery assets... so back for a third attempt. 😏

54 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

Playing Qasabiyeh - Blue Attack is quite fun as Blue. Nice scenario. I do not want to give some spoilers. But, after my second attempt, I am still running out of time. 50 minutes is quite short since I am a very cautious player. But, I have not used all my artillery assets... so back for a third attempt. 😏

Very nice! I definitely recommend making use of every asset for that scenario, they're all designed that way. It's not an easy battle by any means, I can't tell you how many times my guys ended up getting their heads chopped off during testing...

15 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

For best results, focus your artillery assets on one target.

There was once even a version where we had airplanes, but that got thrown out due to ZU-23-2 pick ups and their AA role.

20 hours ago, Boche said:

One of my pet peeves with scenarios is time limits, Often i find them too limiting. When I run infiltrations, and assaults in real life they take way longer than the two hours alot of the long scenarios give you. I would always ask for atleast 3 hours... 

Me too, often running out of time. But, I prefer being out of time than out of men. 😀

4 hours ago, Aurelius said:

For best results, focus your artillery assets on one target.

There was once even a version where we had airplanes, but that got thrown out due to ZU-23-2 pick ups and their AA role.

Thanks, I am also trying not to use any initial barrage. I prefer to identify targets before sending some arty shells. Playing iron difficulty.

1 hour ago, ncc1701e said:

Thanks, I am also trying not to use any initial barrage. I prefer to identify targets before sending some arty shells. Playing iron difficulty.

This is great feedback, thank you for that. When the time comes for Qasabiyeh to be revised for campaign, we will take into account the length of calling time. 

Everyone who play these scenarios, feel free to post your experiences here or pm me or @Liveload. More feedback is good.

It's an never ending conundrum of scenario design for Red forces whether to give the player 2S1 or D30 howitzers. Is the extra ammo (120) worth the extra time for calling in fire mission or vice versa, is faster calling time worth the reduced load out (70)...

Edited by Aurelius

US are mostly TOW 2 units. No further need to explain that one.

Other nationalities are mainly snipers and were added to represent various other nationalities taking part in operations. If you check their names in the editor and cross check that with various reports of who got killed (which emir/commander) or wounded, who took part in battle and so, you'll get the picture. They were mostly added for laughs. 

But, I can say "Russian" FAC's and "Russian" arty and air assets will play a role in the upcoming campaign!

Nice screens 😉
What's that kind of ordnance? 

My scouts came under fire and took a casualty. In the ensuing firefight I have now moved up the Tiger forces to the edges of town, with AFVs ooerating in support. The Hind has just started it's runs. I'm under some kind of directed mortar fire now, which caused another casualty among my scouts. But for the rest so far I have been lucky.
1858852993_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_09.07-14_51_14_89.thumb.png.a6986008dfc35389431474db3f79f188.png

1927845484_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_09.07-16_34_16_86.thumb.png.f38a77ed91bbea8b0a9f7e7f60c1a0d0.png

1494617960_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_09.07-15_51_22_49.thumb.png.df38a38e9526959594136aa3245380a7.png

1581916899_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_09.07-19_38_12_66.thumb.png.f7267d45e089002bb36528b253f645d0.png

56758533_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_09.07-20_06_15_99.thumb.png.f9549e3bcbc531d09947d6bacf6f2423.png

23 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

US are mostly TOW 2 units. No further need to explain that one.

Other nationalities are mainly snipers and were added to represent various other nationalities taking part in operations. If you check their names in the editor and cross check that with various reports of who got killed (which emir/commander) or wounded, who took part in battle and so, you'll get the picture. They were mostly added for laughs. 

But, I can say "Russian" FAC's and "Russian" arty and air assets will play a role in the upcoming campaign!

BTW, thanks for the explanation. I haven't met the TOW's yet, although encountered one AT-4C. I seem to have blunted the infantry assault and the Hind has flown off after just 2 runs, so I guess it's time to prepare for the attack. Some scouts are just cresting the hill, so timing seems ok.