"Watch "Caravan Hunters" RU TV series English subtitles

SpetsNaz, I think, vs muj in 1986. Russians are desperately trying to interdict Stinger shipments and capture a sample. Lots of war toys, including Mi-24V HIND/D. Really well done show, with real characters, not caricatures. Am finding this more than a bit surreal, for I was at Rockwell then and can well recall the electric sense of excitement we all felt in Operations Analysis when we got DOD Betamax footage of a muj downing a MI--17 HIP with a Stinger, We knew this would have a profound impact on Russian ability to use air power, especially helos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXo0ILflfYs

Regards,

John Kettler

On 5/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You really do find the oddest things JK!  ;)

Or is it that they find me?! The desert uniforms in the show baffle me, since they really stand out against the terrain--until they get dusty, dirty or both. Was expecting this sort of attire. 

image.png.82bddd7bb10830f0eacc9d55f8ae857c.png

Regards,

John Kettler

• 4 weeks later...

I've just watched the first episode. It's quite interesting. Thanks for the heads up JK.

BTW I've on my "to watch" list on Netflix "Tell Spring not to come this year", a documentary about tha ANA. Has anybody checked it already?

11 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Trooper117,

I don't understand the reference. Please explain. Thanks!

Regards,

John Kettler

Put it this way John... if I had demonstrated on my platoon sgt's battle course that the ambush was to be conducted in the fashion shown in the movie, I'd have been on the first transport out of Brecon...