The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

For years now, I have traveled the West, hither and yon, perpetrating untoward acts upon the landscape to provide natural resources for the country and the world. North Texas, west Texas, east Texas, High Plains, Big Sky, and Panhandle...more Texas than your body has room for. At one point I thought I could write country music lyrics.

Road-wearied, I found myself digging through a box in the corner of a closet in a two bit town in a dust-driven state. There was nothing new inside of this box. Some might say relics were unearthed. CMBO! CMBB! CMAK!

Would some PBEM fill the time during whistle stops in drought afflicted boomtowns? It probably wouldn't not do that.

Boo Radley! He who thinks chipping one stone upon another is the highest form of technology achievable. Still in Ohio, the Cuba Gooding Jr. of Midwestern states? Send me a CMx1 turn, if you can wrench up enough courage to be badly beaten yet again. Make it angry, unyielding.

ng_cavscout! I hate to steal your thunder. Still in Wisconsin, the Cuba Gooding Sr. of Midwestern states? I desire a setup which is gritty, stern.

Emrys! I still don't know what your angle is.

If there are others who wish a CMx1 donnybrook, I would delight in weakly insulting you in your turn. I've no fear of the unknown. I've long since become accustomed to the unfamiliar as familiar, and Oklahoma is a piss poor substitute for home.

What is that foul and musty smell roiling through the depths of the Cesspool? Why are fleas suddenly jumping hither and yon like Seanachai on a laudanum binge? Who brought in that dusty tumbleweed now stuck in the corner, reeking of double wide trailers and disappointment?

Oh. Stoat is back....

hooray.. break out the pepper spray and pitbulls. Maybe we can drive it away before it takes root.

It probably wouldn't not do that.

Wow. speak English much?

Boo Radley! He who thinks chipping one stone upon another is the highest form of technology achievable. Still in Ohio, the Cuba Gooding Jr. of Midwestern states? Send me a CMx1 turn, if you can wrench up enough courage to be badly beaten yet again. Make it angry, unyielding.

I don't even know what half this means, but CMx1? Seriously? Why not play a rousing game of Asteroids? Maybe pinball?

We don't do CMx1 around here anymore, Skeezix.

Emrys! I still don't know what your angle is.

Weasel! Long time no see and all that crap. Have you received your degree in plumbing now? You might have been useful a week ago—I know, not likely but I try to give the unemployable a chance when I can. I had to have a kitchen faucet replaced. Do you think you could have managed that without screwing it up too badly?

Are you really too cheap to spring for any of the fine CMx2 games? Tut, tut.

As for angles, since my wisdom is infinite, it contains all angles. Now why don't you be a good lad and put your jammies on and get Teddy and waddle off to bed. Remember, tomorrow is a school morning.

Michael

Weasel! Long time no see and all that crap. Have you received your degree in plumbing now? You might have been useful a week ago—I know, not likely but I try to give the unemployable a chance when I can. I had to have a kitchen faucet replaced. Do you think you could have managed that without screwing it up too badly?

Michael

Hmm this goes a long way towards explaining this damn pissbucket....

Hmm this goes a long way towards explaining this damn pissbucket....

Now, now young sburke (spelt but not bolded) that pissbucket is an honor and it's a privilege for you to wield it ... You've been granted an opportunity given to few others and to disparage it by calling it "a damn pissbucket" is disrespect not only for the tool of your station but also for the Cesspool as a Hole.

We'll cut you some slack this time ... Besides I've had a few beers in celebration for the win by the Cowboys today and I could use that bucket.

Feeling queezy there Princess? A lucky 3 point win by the undeserving cowgirls and you wanna puke? Fair enough, they make me sick too...
Oh please ... The only "football" that you know anything about is that silly Oozie Rules Football ... Do they still have the officials wearing those white Zoot Suits with the snap him hat ... The only reason to watch that was watching them.

Wow. speak English much?

I wouldn't describe myself as logorrheic, but the term may apply to some within The Pool. Congrats, by the way, on a post count which nears Doroshian magnitudes.

I don't even know what half this means, but CMx1? Seriously? Why not play a rousing game of Asteroids? Maybe pinball?

We don't do CMx1 around here anymore, Skeezix.

If you've got a hoop, I found a nice stick laying out back. I'll bow to your experience in such archaic matters as to how to make it two player.

Sorry to hear the bottom finally fell out of the old bucket you keep down the well.

Are you really too cheap to spring for any of the fine CMx2 games? Tut, tut.

In your personal experience, which is the one to jump on?

In your personal experience, which is the one to jump on?

Jump on? Is that what you do with your games? Isn't that a bit hard on the disks?

But if you are asking which game to buy, why get only one? For a week's worth of your salary (or given your earning power, maybe a month) you can get the whole lineup. As for preferences, it all depends on what your taste runs to. If there is a theater that particularly interests you, go for that.

There, I've given a civil reply. I apologize, I won't let it happen again.

Michael