CM Poll

That is no suprise, for any WWII wargame grog. that is the favorite front.

Many reasons, but here is just a few.

Anyone that studies the period knows that the German ground war was won and lost there. The majority of their forces were used and spent in Mother Russia. I remember that number to be 70% but am sure someone can correct me.

It covered such a large portion of the war 41-45, so their is many different combinations of units that faced each other at certain time frames.

Most WWII tactical war gamers are big Tank nuts (it might be a decease)

I know I am one. So where was most of the real tank battles and large armor accounts and where both sides had mammoth tanks. once again the Russian Front.

So, there is where all true war gamers generally find themselves wanting to be.

I can agree with almost everything there, but one. I still prefer the Western Front. :D Airborne operations that succeed are one thing you won't get much of on the Eastern Front.

A corollory of this is that if you post here, it is immediate evidence that your opinion is largely irrelevant, because you are part of the hard core minority of BFC's customers. In fact, posting an opinion here may even be an indication that BFC should do the opposite, because to follow the opinion of a poster here is to likely alienate the wider non-posting soft core majority of customers!

Yike! Now there's a scary thought. Does that mean I should begin posting the opposite of what I truly believe? This is all getting far too complicated. I think I better go lie down...

Michael

I think this shows we are generally all in a age bracket that we found WWII as entertainment. It was in the shows we watched, our fathers had served in that war, those around us from the generation before had stories and so forth. I think many of us started long ago in the hobby and you see us still in it today. Yes we pick up others from other age brackets. But the poll reflects the large number that has followed through all of the phases of developement and change

Interestingly enough out of 22 people I'm the only one under 21 and the only one who started with CM:SF.

23 here, I played the Valley of Trouble demo for CMBO way back when, but I couldn't really figure it out, I was 12 or something, give me a break.

Then one day in EB Games (or whatever it was called back then) I stumbled upon the CMBB Special Edition with the extra disc full of mods and stuff. The rest is history.

23 here, I played the Valley of Trouble demo for CMBO way back when, but I couldn't really figure it out, I was 12 or something, give me a break.

im with you, I started when I was 18 (late late 19 now), with CMSF. Thing is I CBA to register :P

With both of you, started on CMSF, 22 now though - agree about the site :(

Im 26. I started with CMBO when I was 14. Played wargames before that. I prefer CMx2 by far.

Hey You Kids, Get Off My Lawn!