What I think

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CM:BN is a good game. It could even be a great game if the frustrations are ever resolved. You are right, I don't like you. I think you are a thin-skinned hypocrite. I also think there are cult like elements at work (you see my followers -- the outsiders, they hate me, and they hate you too). There are plenty of people on this board who can rationally respond to criticisms or impressions. You are just not one of them.

Whew man I was staying away from this one, but this just grabbed me. When did we start the cult? I got the Steelbook for the game, but nobody said anything about the special nikes and the purple cape. Dang it Steve, I checked the store and I don't see any of this nor did I get offered a psychology test. I am feeling awfully deprived here. I have spent my fair share of time being labelled a fanboi, I deserve my nikes, its just not fair!!!

Whew man I was staying away from this one, but this just grabbed me. When did we start the cult? I got the Steelbook for the game, but nobody said anything about the special nikes and the purple cape. Dang it Steve, I checked the store and I don't see any of this nor did I get offered a psychology test. I am feeling awfully deprived here. I have spent my fair share of time being labelled a fanboi, I deserve my nikes, its just not fair!!!

Calm down, man, CALM DOWN! Here, drink this refreshing Kool-Aid.

Please Steve.

You engage in more personal attacks then anyone on this board. ...

You are right, I don't like you. I think you are a thin-skinned hypocrite.

Get this yampa character out of here. He seems a personification of viciousness.

In my few exchanges with Steve, the only unpleasantness I've read in his posts is a hint of frustration in reading the same stuff from me over and over. And that hint may have been in my imagination.

And what are you, the high priest fanbois, who speaks for God when God is too busy?

If I had a dollar for everytime I have been called a fanboi... and now I am the high priest of fanboism!!!! I think he meant this as an offending statement but I think its a definite compliment. Promotions are always good for the wallet too.

God (formerly known as Steve), I WANT A RAISE! Can you also make the game perfect and me the guru of QB maps like MarkEzra? Thank you.

And God, I am not telling you how to rule the planet or any thing but if you had just made yapma all powerful and good at this game he would be a fanboi too. You are a cruel God giving hull down positions that yapma cant see that are killing him cause he is obviously a more complete player than any other Turkish player in history. I hear he tastes good at dinner too.

Ok back to my worship and defense of God. Now if you arent too busy being worshiped, please send the High Priest such as myself CMSF2 in the next 5 minutes so I can praise your name to the heavens .

If I had a dollar for everytime I have been called a fanboi... and now I am the high priest of fanboism!!!! I think he meant this as an offending statement but I think its a definite compliment.

Oh High Priest, can you bless my holy hand grenade?

Also can I get a dispensation from playing CMBN while on my knees? Getting too old, and I haven't gotten my medical marijuana card yet.

Like many of you, I go back to CMBO on the Mac IIsi, and still play Flight Commander. I have CBMN and am currently saving the full-on experience for a rainy day. Dangerous, as I might not wake up tomorrow. I did learn a few valuable things about the new game from the front-end of this post,though. So not a complete and horrible waste.

Steve happened to bring up a couple of serious issues above and beyond the game. These events just strengthen my faith. I can't share that faith with you--or the reasons for it--on this forum, though. Isn't it ironic we can spread all the hate we want, but not the Love. God bless all of you!

There... I said it!

Steve happened to bring up a couple of serious issues above and beyond the game. These events just strengthen my faith. I can't share that faith with you--or the reasons for it--on this forum, though. Isn't it ironic we can spread all the hate we want, but not the Love. God bless all of you!

There... I said it!

I am sorry, but the role of High Priest fanboi has been taken. If you are interested in a lower level position in the cult of the fanboi faith you will need to take that up with the High Priest. Applications are accepted..umm well...hmmm... Hey! High Priest! Are you even accepting any applications? Does the suggestion of Pizza apply here as well?

I played the demo 3 times. On 2 different occasions my tank got shot repeatedly by a tank on a hill, but could not return fire because it was "reverse slope" for return fire.

This may be off topic, but as I understand the LOS rules in this game, LOS is calculated to the centre of the target. Therefore, if a target is mostly behind cover the firing unit has no LOS and cannot fire.

However, I maybe wrong on this:

It's always very comical that someone thinks they are the only one to notice a major problem instead of considering, even for a second, that the reason for that is there isn't a problem.

Steve

and perhaps this behavior isn't a bug but a feature:

There is absolutely, in all cases, reciprocal LOS/LOF between any two Action Spots on the map. 100% of the time. Spotting does mean a unit may not react to another unit, but that's a huge part of why the game is so realistic feeling.

Get this yampa character out of here. He seems a personification of viciousness.

In my few exchanges with Steve, the only unpleasantness I've read in his posts is a hint of frustration in reading the same stuff from me over and over. And that hint may have been in my imagination.

I am actually a pretty nice guy. And hardly vicious.

I am not a troll either. I think CM:BN is a good game. I think CM:BtB is the best tactical strategy game ever made. If CM:BN had been developed solely as a turn based game, I am pretty sure it would have been great also. Playing it now is an exercise in frustration.

Some people like RT. I am just not one of them. Steve says it makes him more money. It's all good. A lot of the old fans think BFC simply sold out. Rock stars do it all the time. Why not game developers?

I am not a troll either. I think CM:BN is a good game. I think CM:BtB is the best tactical strategy game ever made. If CM:BN had been developed solely as a turn based game, I am pretty sure it would have been great also. Playing it now is an exercise in frustration.

Some people like RT. I am just not one of them. Steve says it makes him more money. It's all good. A lot of the old fans think BFC simply sold out. Rock stars do it all the time. Why not game developers?

You know for a guy who posted reasonable stuff for years struggling through CMSF and then not so much, to come back to the forum like this is, well kind of odd - no offense intended.

I don't think BFC is rolling in dough, least I hope not or Steve and Charles etc will consider retiring...

Everyone is entitled to and holds their own opinions. I agree with you, I'm not an RT fan. That is why I like CMBN so much and I like it far more than I liked the CMx1 games. Some folks feel the same way, some feel the opposite. To somehow feel though that because you don't like something about it automatically means BFC sold out is well to be honest, holding your opinion in too high regard. Again no offense intended, what I mean to say by that is you are taking the fact that you don't like it and are then extropolating that into a criticism of BFC and their direction. Can't you just feel you don't like it, why does it have to mean they somehow sold you out? There are plenty of folks who have been here right from the start who would vehemently disagree.

CMBN is for sure different. I am hoping my learning curve has at least some amount of a slope to it, but regardless I and my opponents are enthralled with it. If you are trying to play it based on tactics from Cmx1 or even CMSF, it is gonna put a world of hurt on you. Considering how much time you obviously spent on other BFC games, can't you just assume CMBN may take that kind of effort as well? It really is worth it.

If CM:BN had been developed solely as a turn based game, I am pretty sure it would have been great also. Playing it now is an exercise in frustration.

It wasnt made as a turn based game, get over it. CMBB is dead and gone now get over that as well. BFC is a business and if so many old fans really thought that I am sure many more people here would have come to your defense. As for selling out, LOL to whom did BFC sell out to? I mean if I dont like Metallica playing with say Jay-Z, does it make them sell outs cause i dont like that? Nope it means that I dont like it, doesnt mean millions wont like it. Selling out as far as BFC goes would be them making Combat Deer Hunter the Justin Bieber Edition. If they make it, I am sure I want the Selena Gomez naked boxed edition.

Congratulations Yapma... you're the first person I've had to ban in probably more than a year. The reason for banning you is your abusive behavior. You were warned your behavior would lead you down this path, but instead of taking that HUGE chip off your shoulder (which you came in with, without any doubts) and engaging people with respect and civility, you have instead gone the other route. You've made it clear you don't want to be civil and in fact take pride in being purposefully disruptive and counter productive. There is no place for you here.

As for my personal attacks against you, there's nothing I said that you didn't

voluntarily bring on yourself. You came in here looking for a fight with anybody who doesn't fully agree with you, and in particular you seem to harbor a particular amount of animosity towards me even though I don't have a clue who you are. Did you REALLY expect a different outcome? If you did, I'd be quite surprised.

Since Yapma started this thread, and it's basically been nothing but a platform for him to lash out at everybody else, I'm locking this thread up.

Steve