Future Developments? CMx3?

As far as modern warfare goes the hubbub is the next installation of the game will be a NATO type force, US, Brits Etc. in a temperate climate vs (HOPEFULLY) Russians. How far out that may be remains to be seen. Seeing we are just kicking off the WWII era it might be quite a while.

Personally, along with the temperate climate and possible Ruskies, I'd love to get an updated version of CMSF vs Syria or set in Astan.

Mord.

I agree with CPT Mike. There are an overwhelming number of choices for versions and scenarios right now. It's the "strange/weird phenomena" which could be bugs or deliberate design abstractions that are confusing as natch they are not explained in the still fairly inadequate (altho' CMBN's is a big improvement) manuals.

I'm not really concerned with WHO is in the next game.

I'd like to see some development time dedicated to improving the engine

I believe Steve answered this already. Going backwards into the darkness isnt going to happen. I play CMSF almost everyday and cant wait to start work on CMSF2. I think the plan is to make the improvements in what we got with BN along with many improvements you guys would like to see. Its easier to do that now that BIJ2 is in the mix. Just we all have to be patient.

I believe Steve answered this already. Going backwards into the darkness isnt going to happen. I play CMSF almost everyday and cant wait to start work on CMSF2. I think the plan is to make the improvements in what we got with BN along with many improvements you guys would like to see. Its easier to do that now that BIJ2 is in the mix. Just we all have to be patient.

Is BIJ2 some sort of game?

Backwards into darkness? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

So, you guys aren't putting any more effort into the engine?

I have no idea what "the plans" are but to expect a major overhaul of CMx2 isnt logical. Any "improvements" going on with the engine will most definitely be CMBN and module related. What I do expect is what didnt work in x2 will atleast be looked at to how they can fix it if possible. They arent against improvements but to expect them to back track on this and make Cmx2 the be all end all of engine goodness just aint gonna happen.

CMx2 is the engine.

CM:SF is the game.

CMx2 will continue to be worked on, providing the basis for CM:BN and any future games. CM:SF has got to where it has got to. It will not be updated with the developments made to the CMx2 engine for later games. There may be another game set in the modern era (CMSF2, if you like) or perhaps something different?

Just wait for the first time the "The Cloud" goes down...

It already happened a few times with Steam, the most memorable was ( I dont remember which year) a storm or similar hit the steam headquarters and knocked out steam for a good 3 to 4 weeks (could not play any steam game at all). At the time I didnt really use steam everyday, so I wasnt that bothered, but if it happened today...