To lazy for forums. What patches/mods are a must do?

My first post was answered. Thank you. I'm too damn busy gaming.

I got this game on Friday, spent most of the weekend playing, went to work an hour late Monday, an hour late today, and got off early for an eye appointment (I couldn't see a reason to stay at work and not play CMBN).

Anyways. What do you pros on the forum consider the "MUST HAVE" downloads as far as patches and Mods?

Thanks...

DCBryan1

....long time Battlefront gamer.....new poster.

Class II SOT manufacturer/repairer of Curio and Relic Machineguns.

ANM2/M1919/M1917 specializations.

As a mod s l u t of many years standing, I find instead of wasting time trying to view em just d/l everything you can and shove them into the Z folder and then see what you want to change/take out. 80%-90% of the mods are great as is, but some do conflict and some you may want to select from different versions that are provided.

Those CMA trees were pretty crazy, it's like they lifted them straight out of the Amazon basin or something.

The desaturated CMBN terrain mod is quite good, but I find it goes much too far. By default it looks a bit cartoon-like though, especially those humungous flagstone things. A mix of the two with a slight 'cool' colour shift would be nice.

Also JuJus walls and all of Veins mods.Veins flames,explosions,tracers,Veins muzzleflashes.Go to Green as Jades mod wharehouse and get some skins,dusty kublewagon and dusty jeep are cool.There is a German camaflouge mod that I have and love,but I dont remember who made it.lol.

One mod I consider essential is Vein's support chatter. There was something just jarringly wrong about the modern radio operator sounds that come with the game.

'Course, I used to be an RTO so I'm probably paying too much attention.:)

Rambler's weapons are very nice, as are Mord's US voices, Dietrich's German voices, and the sound mods from Odball and others add a lot.

I like most of Vein's effects such as tracers, muzzleflash, smoke, etc. I am using Aristoteles terrain rather than Vein's.

I run JuJu's UI, and I can't recall what mod I'm using that changes the bearclaw bases to hexagons...Bill H?

I'm also using a mod that let's you choose divisional patches for the US, but I think it's down pending retooling for the patch...?

<snip>What do you pros on the forum consider the "MUST HAVE" downloads as far as patches and Mods?

<snip>

As someone pointed out earlier the generic game looks really really good. I only consider a few mods really important and a few are just fun.

Here is the prioritized list of that I am using.

Must haves:

1. CMBN Icons_billy_sp
    WW2 tactical symbols used by the German and US forces - the German symbols took some getting used to but the US ones are very similar to what NATO uses now so that felt very natural. Overall I really like what it adds to the game.
  2. Niessuh_icon_contact_Balkenkreuz
    Updates the unknown contact symbol to use the star for the US and the cross for Germany
  3. z_Juju's TweakedUI
    I realy like the chagnes he made (except for the black command buttons - see CMBN_Wolfe_Coloured_Command_Buttons below). Juju him self said he liked Wolfe's colour tweaks to his tweak so the above link to 1.01 verison may already have them.
  4. CMBN_Wolfe_Colored_Command_Buttons_1-3
    Put some colour back into the command buttons - taken out by Juju's TweakedUI. As I said the newest version of Juju's UI might already have coloured buttons so this might no longer be needed.

Just for fun:

1. Ramblers_Weapons_v1
    Nicer looking weapons for when you take screen shots
  2. Veins_tracers_C
    I just like them
  3. Vin's animated text CMBN v1.21
    I like the idea of making the text easer to follow but this version actually makes it harder to read (IMHO) but I keep it because it has the teams hightlighted well. I plan to try the 2.0 version and if it works well it will bubble up to the must have section.

I also really like the look of Juju's walls and bridges and I want to try them out. There are also a variety of very nice dirty vehicle mods that I would like to try out too. But alas I am too busy playing the game to try them all out. Guess I am lazy too.

I'm also using a mod that let's you choose divisional patches for the US, but I think it's down pending retooling for the patch...?

Lol, that's a great description, BloodyBucket. I do have the Italian Campaign uniforms re-tooled and up in the Repository and at CMMODS, but haven't finished all the Normandy units yet.

But I do have the 28th ID done, in case you are interested...:D