WANTED - CMBN Steel Box Edition for PC

Nice one John. LOL. Understand you wanting to keep your copy. Man, I totally missed the pre-order and the release because I was deployed and out of touch with the real world - talk about frustrating - CM has always been my favourite wargame. Now I'm left with hoping for someone to sell a copy - alternative is a DVD only with no printed manual. Fingers crossed!

Hey Doug, thanks for the info. Yeah, could go and get it printed (that's my backup plan) but thought I'd put out the feelers here first. Didn't realize the "steel" is actually plastic though... no matter what, I'm getting this game. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it. From what I've read from you guys, it sounds awesome.

jooleus,

The steel isn't plastic. The actual structure of the "Steelbook" is plastic, but the front, back, and spine are plated with some kind of metal. Sorry dude, you can't have mine, but I'm sure someone from http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=98971 would be happy to sell theirs to you. My name is in the manual so this one is staying on my shelf. ;)

While the box isn't 100% metal, it is still the coolest game box I've ever had, so it may be worth it for you to get.

Don't know where you were deployed, but glad you're home!

Aww, man. It almost seems as if you might appreciate it more than I do, and therefore I should sell-up... but nah, it is pretty cool. I need the manual to figure out what flavour-object is what.

I'm touching it now, it is quite weighty for a game box, and being winter here, very cold to the touch - it is metallic and sturdy enough while still being cheap (oops) and functional. I accidentally sat on mine and only a very small dent resulted, most games would have been annihilated.

I will sell you the box and manual, mine are in perfect condition, (many had problems getting them in good shape) but you will need to get your own CD I think. Or whatever works best, but I will be needing a CD of the game. never know when I need to reinstall after the magic year mark from time of buying it.

Other than just wanting to collect the two items, there is no real value in them, I still printed the manual out on 8x11 paper because it reads much better than the sent manual

slysniper and jooleus,

You're gonna want the set all together because of the product key... and because the set is cooler together.

thus I think the reason I think I would need to keep the CD, I am pretty sure my product key is only in the form of a email sent to me.

Where the only ones who would receive a product key with the cd are if they buy the CD only - I think, I am not sure.

Stitch, did you seriously link back to this thread? Your link is broken

Please fix or do sumfink!

Oops! The thread I was linking to was this one, the Disappointed with CMBN one.

I also remembered one poster awhile ago making such a forum stink about the extra charges the pre-orders incurred being shipped from the US, that Steve offered an immediate buy back of the box right then and there. Perhaps that transaction went through and Steve now has that steelbox?

Believe it or not, I was very hard pressed to find any CMBN complaint threads that a poster offered to sell the steelbox for what they bought it for.

thus I think the reason I think I would need to keep the CD, I am pretty sure my product key is only in the form of a email sent to me.

Where the only ones who would receive a product key with the cd are if they buy the CD only - I think, I am not sure.

Ok, but to be fair to jooleus, he should know he may need to purchase the downloadable game in addition to what he pays you. ;)

You guys have me laughing. Forty thousand bucks huh Agua? LOL. And an Emmy award Sixx? Seriously?

Sly - Might just be interested in buying those from you. Yep, I'd have to buy the CD from the site, so I'm wondering how much you'd sell them to me for.

Seabee - I was in Afghanistan flying Chinooks outta KAF. Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be so I'll tell ya.

Stitch - Who's Steve and how do I reach him?

You guys have me laughing. Forty thousand bucks huh Agua? LOL. And an Emmy award Sixx? Seriously?

Sly - Might just be interested in buying those from you. Yep, I'd have to buy the CD from the site, so I'm wondering how much you'd sell them to me for.

Seabee - I was in Afghanistan flying Chinooks outta KAF. Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be so I'll tell ya.

Stitch - Who's Steve and how do I reach him?

Just make me a offer, it can be much less than what Aqua is asking. keep in mind shipping, really have no clue as to what it would cost to ship.

I have to smile, there was a thread with everyone complaining about it not being up to the level they were hoping for. But I still think it might be the coolest box I have ever received for a computer game, I better stop thinking about that, might change my mind. It actually is the only computer game I have ever displayed on my military book case.

Should we not be doing that? :)

She happens to be from Texas as well.

IMG_4100.jpg

Almost as important is my Chess Oscar on the right. She wanted to put my Medal of Honor there too but since she wont let me go back in to get one, she will have to be happy with what I've got. :rolleyes:

And I wouldnt have posted this had you not done so first. :)