What experience level is your bunker?

Seriously? So, bullets will penetrate a bunker with -2 leadership or something?

I also noticed that there is no difference in price between a wooden and concrete bunker.

I really don't think it makes any different, nor is "elite" barbed wire more "barby" than conscript barbed wire.

I really don't think it makes any different, nor is "elite" barbed wire more "barby" than conscript barbed wire.

I think you're probably right, although there could be variations in the game if BFC intended to add such.

As it is, they should probably decide on a fixed value for these items and remove the quality characteristics, so players can't "shave" points back from them during quick battles.

That would be my guess too. The difference is that the price of barbed wire appropriately stays the same no matter whether it is Elite or Conscript. But the price of bunkers does change, a lot. So that would be a bug.

Unless Phil wasn't joking...

Seriously? So, bullets will penetrate a bunker with -2 leadership or something?

A fighting position prepared by more experienced, more motivated troops would be built better, which is what I said initially. Do you disagree? Would you rather occupy a bunker built by Volksgrenadiers who didn't want to be there, or one built by motivated SS troops?

Note that this isn't an official response, just how I interpret the experience and motivation modifiers for bunkers.

A fighting position prepared by more experienced, more motivated troops would be built better, which is what I said initially. Do you disagree? Would you rather occupy a bunker built by Volksgrenadiers who didn't want to be there, or one built by motivated SS troops?

Note that this isn't an official response, just how I interpret the experience and motivation modifiers for bunkers.

Then why not for trenches, minefields or TRPs? Any of these could conceivably vary in quality and effectiveness based on the same factors you cited. Yet they are all the same in the game. Only bunkers change in price. Not saying your interpretation is wrong, but I will quote SlapHappy:

So what does this mean in-game? Is there an actual difference and how does it manifest itself?

Then why not for trenches, minefields or TRPs? Any of these could conceivably vary in quality and effectiveness based on the same factors you cited. Yet they are all the same in the game. Only bunkers change in price. Not saying your interpretation is wrong, but I will quote SlapHappy:

That's a good point. Well, it was a nice theory, wasn't it? Either way it seems like there's a bug. I'll put it on the list of things to look at.