we need new units

Hallo everyone i post this message because reading a lot about normandy campaign i have discovered a lot of clash involving Fallschirmjäger and 17 ss Panzergranadier,

without this unit i cant immage how many scenarios we lost because this units fougth well and in less knowed place (Brittany campaign).

So please BF after you bestwork in the history (CMN) put out a free patch with only this two units please.

Thanks BF

With that main question answered, let me voice my surprise that the modelling of two separate divisions is described as "only these two units". Yeah, what is a division or two between friends, eh?

Could you give me only two Ferraris? ;)

Have there been any hints about what vehicles will be added in module #1?

With that main question answered, let me voice my surprise that the modelling of two separate divisions is described as "only these two units".

It is a huge difference from the CMx1 games. I'm still surprised at the relative paucity of units in CMBN. Relative being the operative term - I think (Steve's?) one time characterization of it's customers as "spoiled" by the first series perfectly fair. :)

With that main question answered, let me voice my surprise that the modelling of two separate divisions is described as "only these two units". Yeah, what is a division or two between friends, eh?

Could you give me only two Ferraris? ;)

Heh... yeah, the same argument could be made for us to put in British forces for free, or anything else for that matter. These units were excluded from CM:BN's base game not because they are insignificant historically, but they are significant from a development standpoint. And the American formations can live without them, while the British couldn't.

It is a huge difference from the CMx1 games. I'm still surprised at the relative paucity of units in CMBN. Relative being the operative term - I think (Steve's?) one time characterization of it's customers as "spoiled" by the first series perfectly fair. :)

Besides us putting way too much into our previous games relative to what people paid, there's this...

Every unit is portrayed in 2-3 times as much detail, so there are fewer units.

Yup. We probably put more effort in total into the TO&E (E = Equipment) in CM:BN than we did CMBO. I can say that for sure because back when we made CMBO I personally made nearly all the 3D models, most of the textures, all of the non-American TO&E (Charles did most of the American), formations, and researched tons of things for the data necessary to make them work right. With CM:BN I only did the TO&E formations, and I probably spent as much time doing that as all the things I mentioned I did for CM:BO. I'm not kidding.

Steve

It is a huge difference from the CMx1 games. I'm still surprised at the relative paucity of units in CMBN. Relative being the operative term

While lamenting what's missing, don't forget to celebrate the units that are already in CMBN which never made it into CMBO/AK.

I noticed this tendency in my old model hobby days. The most popular vehicle in surveys was always the one there wasn't a kit of yet. Then when the much-anticipated kit arrived everyone immediately forgot about it and demanded another vehicle that wasn't in kit form yet. Repeat and repeat. They always wanted the ones they didn't have more than the ones they did.

It's easy to forget about the organizations that surround the sexy bits of metal, but IMHO that's what makes CMx2 the best out there. There's such a rich diversity of units out there and most games simply give you a couple component pieces and a bunch of vehicles. Personally, I'd rather have less E and more O on my Table :D

Steve