Battlefront: All going as planned?

Sure we ALL would have liked to have seen CMBN finsished and released at an earlier date, but the vibe I'm getting is this was a relatively clean release and sales are going at least as well as expected and we actually can count on getting all those cool future releases you've hinted at. Of course if you don't answer this question because you're all too busy sipping cocktails in Bremuda that would actually be an answer too.

Steve did say at various times the British forces and NATO modules sold better than expected. I think the Afghanistan game did at least as well as expected in non-Russian sales. I wouldn't be surprised if even they didn't know how well Afghanistan sold in Russia.

Weren't the three SF expansions released at a rate of ABOUT one a year from the original game's release? During that time, a lot of work was put into patching the game and also making BN. So, if BFC exclusively worked on the next Normandy module, they could probably churn it out within six months. But the question is how much parallel work will be done on more long term projects and if it makes good business sense to release an expansion too soon.

Steve did say at various times the British forces and NATO modules sold better than expected. I think the Afghanistan game did at least as well as expected in non-Russian sales. I wouldn't be surprised if even they didn't know how well Afghanistan sold in Russia.

yes I remember...but CMBN will out sell those modules so like I said CMBN will keep them going for the future...

A long time ago when BF started talking about CMx2 Steve posted on a thread that the idea was to produce a module every six months or so. That clearly went into the toilet with CMSF. However, now that they have a pretty stable platform and tweaks rather than major fixes are required, maybe they can return to their original plan. In which case we could see the 21AG module out this side of Christmas (Yay!).

I said in another thread that we made an "office pool" sales figure bet back in 2009. We agreed to use the 12 month "Expected Case" numbers (not the Worst and Best) as the gauge. Based on current sales projections, using a fairly consistent sales curve history from our previous CMx2 games, Charles has lost. Bet too low, and he's happy with that :D. Looks like Martin will take 2nd place because he also bet too low. Currently I'm on track to win the office pool with just about the same number we're currently predicting. Could wind up being somewhere between Martin and my numbers (there's a pretty good spread there), but I'm still confident of bragging rights. Unfortunately we never designed what the winner gets. So I guess it's my choice. I want a Czech T-72 :)

Yeah, we had to learn a lot about how to slipstream work. We also ran into some unexpected engineering issues post CM:SF release that had to be reworked. For example, CM:SF Brits and NATO use a different internal TO&E system. This took me about a month to port over the TO&E from the previous two releases after spending maybe another month reengineering the templates to work with the new system. Two months is a long time to put into one thing that you never had on the schedule. We don't have any more surprises like this 3+ years post CM:SF release.

We also have far more help making games now than we ever had. Besides Webwing and his crew, we hired a second full time artist and second full time programmer. Things should go quicker now.

Steve

I said in another thread that we made an "office pool" sales figure bet back in 2009. We agreed to use the 12 month "Expected Case" numbers (not the Worst and Best) as the gauge. Based on current sales projections, using a fairly consistent sales curve history from our previous CMx2 games, Charles has lost. Bet too low, and he's happy with that :D. Looks like Martin will take 2nd place because he also bet too low. Currently I'm on track to win the office pool with just about the same number we're currently predicting. Could wind up being somewhere between Martin and my numbers (there's a pretty good spread there), but I'm still confident of bragging rights. Unfortunately we never designed what the winner gets. So I guess it's my choice. I want a Czech T-72 :)

Yeah, we had to learn a lot about how to slipstream work. We also ran into some unexpected engineering issues post CM:SF release that had to be reworked. For example, CM:SF Brits and NATO use a different internal TO&E system. This took me about a month to port over the TO&E from the previous two releases after spending maybe another month reengineering the templates to work with the new system. Two months is a long time to put into one thing that you never had on the schedule. We don't have any more surprises like this 3+ years post CM:SF release.

We also have far more help making games now than we ever had. Besides Webwing and his crew, we hired a second full time artist and second full time programmer. Things should go quicker now.

Steve

So,what you are really saying is we should see the British Forces module in say two to three weeks.I will be sure and let everyone I speak to know that you said two to three weeks on the next module.;):D

So,what you are really saying is we should see the British Forces module in say two to three weeks.I will be sure and let everyone I speak to know that you said two to three weeks on the next module.;):D

That long? I took from Steve's post that it should be ready this weekend or next, at the latest. Tell your friends!

Besides Webwing and his crew, we hired a second full time artist and second full time programmer. Things should go quicker now.

Steve

Does this mean you have hired another artist besides Dan, Fernando, and Cassio?