Pathfinding bug through low hedgerow?

I had a rhino sherman breach a low hedgerow. Tried to follow it with the other 4 Sherman's in the platoon. Each turned right and headed for the scenario designed break in the hedgerow to the northeast about 150m away. Subsequently 3 of them were destroyed by PzIVGs going the scenic route, and unless I stop the 4th, it will meet the same fate.

CMNormandy2011-05-2122-00-50-16-1.jpg

CMNormandy2011-05-2122-02-16-89.jpg

I have the saved game if you want it.

Nevermind on my original comments. I wasn't getting what the screenshots were showing.

I will say that it looks like the first waypoint might have taken the tank into a hedgerow and the AI made a poor choice of routing around it. What happens if you put one waypoint on the near side and one on the far side and have the line perpendicular to the hedgerow?

To be fair looking at the screenshots in the first shot the waypoint is about 5 metres away directly in front of the tank. The second shot is 1 min later and Lt Oberly has gone rolling of to the right with the waypoint now behind him.

But I agree with putting a waypoint on each side of the breach that seems to work for me.

Thanks for trying with different orders. The screenshot with multiple waypoints clearly looks like it should go through.

I wonder if, when you plot a move, the game could calculate the path it's actually going to take to get there and show it to you so you know before hand if it's going to do something strange.

I've had problems similar to yours, but all of mine were clearly user error after I saw what I was actually asking the unit to do.

I just played around with the file skelley sent me and yeah I tried every movement order with the tank buttoned and unbuttoned and everytime the tank would stop at the hedge line and swing to the right to go the long way.

Of course this was somewhat amusing when i tried the reverse order with the tank deciding to go the entire long way in reverse.

Looks like there is definately something going wrong there.

Visuals do not match the size of the hole. I experienced the same when destroying a hedge with engineers. One charge made a hole that appeared larger than one charge makes, but I had to blow up a second charge to fit my shermans trough.

Just an idea, as this hole was not made by engineers...

I just ran into the same problem with low bocage, although I'm trying to dive a Jeep through it instead of a tank. Pioneers blasted 2 sections clear and then I plotted the jeep to move through the gap. The Jeep ignores the gap and drives around.

I reloaded the save and blasted a 3rd section to make the gap extra wide. I tried using different move orders (Quick, Fast). No matter what I tried the Jeep won't even attempt to go through the gap.

I have the saved game if anyone wants it.

I just ran into the same problem with low bocage, although I'm trying to dive a Jeep through it instead of a tank. Pioneers blasted 2 sections clear and then I plotted the jeep to move through the gap. The Jeep ignores the gap and drives around.

I reloaded the save and blasted a 3rd section to make the gap extra wide. I tried using different move orders (Quick, Fast). No matter what I tried the Jeep won't even attempt to go through the gap.

I have the saved game if anyone wants it.

You can send it to georgemc at coldclimbs dot com

Ta!