"Slow" for Tanks?

I also use Slow a lot now - for vehicles, it's not actually that slow..

Hunt has kinda lost its usefulness now that it is "Move to Contact". It's nice that they stop to shoot like the old Hunt, but now they don't move on again. Not much of a problem in RT, but in WeGo, you can lose up to 59 seconds of movement if they spot something early.

isn't it strange how hunt for vehicles is fairly fast moving, but so slow for infantry...

I think they are slightly different.

Hunt for a tank is to advance while watching and engaging as targets present, although in the new game the halt now too.

For infantry it is the silly knees bent running about advancing behaviour, so a bit slower as they sneak forwards.

Hunt has the disadvantage of disregarding the overall strategic plan IMHO. I use it in limited circumstances, moving to contact is one of them. I can be zoomed out, microing another unit and when a hunting unit stops I need to pay attention. Obviously this is more valuable in RT.

But I am still in SF mode so...

I can't remember ever using slow in CMSF for vehicles but use it all the time now.

It is good for advancing on wrecked positions where newly spotted infantry that is most likely broken won't stop the tank.

I have come around to slow/move also being the way to approach crests (including shooting and scooting) because:

- the tank commander sees over the hill and is spotting earlier and fast compromises the spotting ability and the amount of time eyeballing before the tank is visible as a target

- the environment is less deadly than CMSF so going slow to a hulldown spot AND a 5 second pause is not as likely to get you killed.

The hunt command is too fast. It's supposed to be a command that gives the crew a chance to spot enemies easily and stop quickly to fire. However, the vehicle moves so fast that I wonder if it's really degrading the crew's spotting ability. Also, when it does spot an enemy it comes to such a quick halt that the tanks rocks back and forth several times. It's kind of hard to get off a quick accurate shot when this happens.