Enjoying the game but

why so few battles with the game --yes I know you can make you own but you guys are the xperts on how the game works --

You might want to consider adding up the total number of battles in the 3 full campaigns included with the game.

Well--there are probably at least 50 scenarios in developement now by recent purchasers. You make a good point but--on the other hand--I think that time in developing the core of the game was more important than more scenarios. It's a pretty good mix of "game-day release" options from what I've seen and by the time I'm done with what is available there will plenty of new scenarios coming on-line... Or I'll be too busy making one myself. :)

I refuse to believe that you have played all of the battles through already!

Or if you have, then reverse sides.

Or if you have done that, then play head to head.

If you have played all of the on-disc-battles in the main forms, then go to Repository and download the missing demo battles.

Or if you have done that too, well, play the campaigns. Or even the Quick Battles!

By the time you've done all of that, I think there's a lot of new scenarios and campaigns available. Probably Commonwealth module too...

:) Seriously, though, there just are some constraints to how much playable content can be created & tested during development. This time a large share of designer time went into campaigns. But maybe you can tell how many single battles you would have liked to see? Any size etc. preferences? Any details that you can share will help BFC to adjust their future products to be more satisfactory for you.

Ill just start by saying this is a fantastic product.

Not sure if this is the right place but some suggested improvements (most of wihc I think are from CM x 1);

1. Need "Show all Targets" (same as show all movement paths) Option. Was in CM x 1 but not in this and it would be really useful.

2. Troops should aquire weapons from friend and foe casualties. ie I have a bailed out tank crew which I used in a firefight. They perform well with there pistols and 1 x SMG but run out of ammo. I move them over to an eliminated enemy squad but they do not scavenge weapons and you cannot "aquire". In sure I remeber squads in Cm X 1 scavenging captured weapons.

Im not bitching as I think this game is excellent and more than worth $55. However since I know you guys love to improve overtime I'd just like to get my 5 cents in.

Cheers

and thanks for the excellent game.

2. Troops should aquire weapons from friend and foe casualties. ie I have a bailed out tank crew which I used in a firefight. They perform well with there pistols and 1 x SMG but run out of ammo. I move them over to an eliminated enemy squad but they do not scavenge weapons and you cannot "aquire". In sure I remeber squads in Cm X 1 scavenging captured weapons.

This has been discussed many times, and I think you can be pretty sure it ain't gonna happen. Troops were told not to pick up enemy equipment and they soon learned not to after an ad hoc booby trap killed a squadmate. The ones that didn't get blowed up by a grenade left under the weapon/body-for-loot with the pin out got shot at by their own side when they heard the distinctive sound of enemy weapons being fired. Historically, it happened so rarely as to not be worth modelling.

Compared to many games you've got hundreds of hours worth in what they have supplied with the game alone....then when people like Paper Tiger get going making campaigns and scenarios you'll be spoilt for choice...I bet you have at bout 200 single missions by the end of the year...

I'm quite picky about who's scenarios and campaigns I download...some makers are superb and always worth getting...those are the ones I go for...did with cmsf and I have about 250 or more single scenarios and about 10 campaigns or more

no I have not begun to play them all-- tw0 so far-- and I will swap sides --then if i like the battle I will modify them - I own just about all BFC has put out from CMBO till now -- --I started rereading the 20-30 books i have on Normandy so I can make my own -- thanks for all the answers though-- oh I know the repository will some soon --I also pre-ordered the question was an observation not a condemnation

There is are a bit fewer missions than average I guess. The only thing I would like to have seen is a bit more time to do proper historical stuff and to cover more of the whole time period rather than doing a lot of bocage country stuff.

If all the scenarios that were made during the alpha and beta period were able to be released there would have been masses of stuff, but sadly many were broken beyond all hope of saving as various changes came along.

On the positive side of course, there are three full campaigns and each QB map is a bit of a scenario-lite in itself.

I'm very sure during the development of the next module where the engine is more bedded down and the full range of forces in theatre become available that you'll have more content to play than you can possibly wish for.

The campaigns probably have about 50 more missions in them anyway. Also, given how campaign development delayed the Marine and British forces modules in CMSF, I'm all for modules/games being released without too much content and the rest being filled in by the community.