Anyeone working on terrain mods?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO...and so it begins...the everlasting quest to get the terrain just so.

I can remember spending hours upon hours in CMBO, switching and looking and double checking and trying again to get my game to look just right. It's an enjoyable pastime that borders on the pathological...Nice to see I am in good company.

Mord.

Is it possible to number ground tiles by the way? so that you can have multiple tiles for say, grass? maybe that way we could also introduce some variety?

Nope...just checked.

Mord.

Here is a shot of Syrope from CMSF in how it looks in CMBN. This is how yellow grass looks. It goes from yellow to green. I have to play with texture quality all the way down, so I am sure it will look much better on your machine. This still is using the upper grass from CMBN, and is basicly replacing base tiles.

CMNormandyDemo2011-05-2521-01-12-99.jpg

Here is a shot of Syrope from CMSF in how it looks in CMBN. This is how yellow grass looks. It goes from yellow to green. I have to play with texture quality all the way down, so I am sure it will look much better on your machine. This still is using the upper grass from CMBN, and is basicly replacing base tiles.

CMNormandyDemo2011-05-2521-01-12-99.jpg

That looks pretty nice to me

What I am showing is the Syrope terrain CMSF mod that is available at the repository. I think Flesh's mod still has its place for individual color taste. If Flesh were to expand anymore on this I would keep the current version, and make another version that has a color saturation somwhere in between the current, and what Vein made. This would give four choices: Stock (vibrant), Veins ( a LITTLE less saturated) Flesh's subdued (Least saturated), and lets say "Flesh's enhanced"(in between subdued, and Veins saturation. At any rate take a break Flesh, and just enjoy playing. Flesh's mod is easing eye strain and is better than the stock colors, and that is a good thing. Different flavors for different tase.

And in the pursuit of more realistic lighting for the trees, experimenting with the way trees reflect light irl (exposed areas really GREEN-ish; rest darker)

stock

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/6874/cmnormandy2011052617435.png

modified (also modified the grass + "background" grass; that stuff was really annoying me)

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6521/cmnormandy2011052617471.png

like so:

shade-trees-2841.jpg