Saying Hello

I just got my pre-order in, and signed up for the forums tonight.

I have lurked here off and on, and have been fence-sitting for a while on buying the game, though I did play around with the demo for AK a bit. Tyrspawn's videos finally convinced me to take the plunge :)

I am one of the "seniors" having started with Squad Leader back in the mid 70's, and moved on to the Talonsoft series later on.

I have been very much just a dabbler though, so will likely have a million questions over time as I try to get into it more, and learn.

I will say that I do like the "we go" system as it doesn't make me feel rushed. I tried the demos of some other similar games over the years, but they were all real time, and I found it hard to keep up, especially while trying to learn. I am sorry I missed the earlier games in this series, but those that I tried really put me off the whole genre for a while.

I just got my pre-order in, and signed up for the forums tonight.

I have lurked here off and on, and have been fence-sitting for a while on buying the game, though I did play around with the demo for AK a bit. Tyrspawn's videos finally convinced me to take the plunge :)

I am one of the "seniors" having started with Squad Leader back in the mid 70's, and moved on to the Talonsoft series later on.

I have been very much just a dabbler though, so will likely have a million questions over time as I try to get into it more, and learn.

I will say that I do like the "we go" system as it doesn't make me feel rushed. I tried the demos of some other similar games over the years, but they were all real time, and I found it hard to keep up, especially while trying to learn. I am sorry I missed the earlier games in this series, but those that I tried really put me off the whole genre for a while.

How dare you come on this forum being polite and friendly, are you one of those trolls i hear about !!! :)

Yep, welcome aboard. I too have recently started posting myself in anticipation of the game after a long time lurking. Good group of peeps here from what I've seen and most are pretty happy to answer questions. Just don't ask when the game is gonna be released, it always seems to cause a link to a group of old british farts moaning about the end of the world or something or other. :P

Hello.

I too am new to the community. And like others, I was drawn in by the wonderful AAR videos of CM:BfN. I'm a long time lurker; it all started with CM:BO many years (well seems like many years) ago and have been playing various tactical and operational games since. Thanks BF :D

Yes. And whatever you do, don't ask about the demo or when the game will be released.

Welcome fellow Floridian.This Forum is Great,just watch out for all the Weird guys.We have them confined to the Peng thread,but sometimes a few of them escape into our World.You will know who they are when you come across them.They will have one hand in your pocket looking for loose change and the other hand will be holding a bottle of some strong drink.:D

Yep, I waltzed in there for a quick look around and between some of the guys playing themselves off as extras in a King Henry V play and others who have dubious levels of sentience, I barely escaped with my sanity intact. :P

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers." Act IV, scene 3.