A perfect Idea!

Release the latest build today to all pre-orders. All of us take a solemn vow not to piss and moan about anything that may be wrong. It will let us test drive it and figure out the new stuff and get a little action in while we wait for the final build. What could possibly be wrong with this? You said you were gonna release at the end of April when you posted the PC Preorder. It appears thats not going to be the case... so why not let us toy around with it where it is. We all understand its not finished.

Release the latest build today to all pre-orders. All of us take a solemn vow not to piss and moan about anything that may be wrong. It will let us test drive it and figure out the new stuff and get a little action in while we wait for the final build. What could possibly be wrong with this? You said you were gonna release at the end of April when you posted the PC Preorder. It appears thats not going to be the case... so why not let us toy around with it where it is. We all understand its not finished.

A big thumbs up for that

AROUND the end of April. A significant difference, adding a bit more leeway to BFC.

Not knowing much about the releasing of games. Would i be right in saying that it is highly unlikely that a demo or the full game will be released on a weekend?

Extremely unlikely. Friday is the worst day and not on weekends--who wants to work on a weekend?

If there's a problem then some or all of the development team would have to make a weekend appearance and put out the fires. I imagine these guys have been working long hours and need a weekend.

Man, I hope I'm completely wrong.

Find me any software engineer that is happy to release code that's not finished :)

Also BF have not committed to an exact date, they have no commercial pressures to release (i.e no publisher or investors to satisfy with a return within X time), they have time on their side , unlikely users will walk away within the time frames.

Absolutely no reason at all for them to release until they think its good enough (not perfect as that would take years and an endless to do list im sure) but close enough to tick most the boxes.

Just give us one platoon of infantry and a tank for each side, just one map even, and we will be distracted for days while you get everything polished and ready.

Isn't that what the (forthcoming) demo is for? =P

Quick note... the version being played by Akira is "ancient" compared to where the game is now. And not only that, but the QB Maps have all been updated several times to tweak various aspects of the AI Plans. Even more importantly, we just squashed a bug that hindered optimal allocation of AI forces to the AI Plans. While the AI is slated for some significant upgrades, even after that a Human is the best way to go if you want the ultimate in challenge.

Steve

Looks like there is still some fine tuning, but interesting that a version used for a recent public AAR is already considered ancient. I think I would prefer to wait as the BFC team seems to be moving quite fast on improving the game over what we have been able to see.

Isn't that what the (forthcoming) demo is for? =P

Except from what I understand the official demo will probably come out within 24 hours of the full game, so there won't be much point in getting it. I am talking like a micro-demo I guess lol, just begging for scraps here.

Release the latest build today to all pre-orders. All of us take a solemn vow not to piss and moan about anything that may be wrong.

One of the problems with internet forums is that you can never tell when someone is being serious. When I first read this post I thought it was a joke (because the suggestion was so ridiculous). But if it is a serious post, then I will answer it by saying this is one of those circumstances where the question is the answer. If the release of a product was dependant on everyone not “piss[ing] and moan[ing] about anything that may be wrong” then our most sophisticated tools would be rocks and sticks (and we would have to find our own rocks and sticks).

When mrpwase suggested you “stop whining and wait for the release” he was making a perfectly sensible suggestion. The problem with your suggestion is that you can’t assume that no one will piss and moan. As the good people at Battlefront are well aware, one must assume the exact opposite. Human beings are like fault finding super computers. They piss and moan about everything.

My answer to your suggestion is to stop whining and wait for the release.