Brits?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure the sheep could out run them.

Herds of disabled sheep

ssshh don't you know it failed because of the british and nothing else

True enough I have been told on numerous occasions it was because "Monty was like a douche, end of". Think I would remember, must be getting old.

Just because something has been introduced in one module doesn't mean it can't be repeated in a subsequent one.

My only concern there would be the value for money perception if the MG module costs the same as the CW module and really just contains a compendium of the modules that have gone before with a few new bits I would feel a bit ripped off I think.

For my money I would think the best configuration would be to leave the FJ out of the CW model and make MG a kind of Airborne module. So the new units in the game would be the UK/Pole Abn , US Abn and FJ. To make the module complete you can add in a repeat of the SS. If you want to be able to game with XXX Corps then you need to buy the CW module, if you don't then you won't.

Kinda fits in a bit in that if you just want to do just the US stuff for example you can buy the base module and add MG and you could then do all situations in the US NWE campaign from D-Day to VE-Day.

We Commonwealtheans need all 3 but that is OK because our dollar is worth more than yours now. :D

My only concern there would be the value for money perception if the MG module costs the same as the CW module and really just contains a compendium of the modules that have gone before with a few new bits I would feel a bit ripped off I think.D

Even if it was just a few units (which I'm sure it won't be) and a bunch of campaigns/scenarios, I don't see how you could feel that way. $25 is cheap for a game, and if you add up the hours spent playing the campaigns and scenarios, it's probably a very good money/time spent ratio compared to many other games.

Even if it was just a few units (which I'm sure it won't be) and a bunch of campaigns/scenarios, I don't see how you could feel that way. $25 is cheap for a game, and if you add up the hours spent playing the campaigns and scenarios, it's probably a very good money/time spent ratio compared to many other games.

Yes I agree but I think it would be bad marketing that if I wanted to get the whole series I find that some modules contain a whole stack of new things, 21AG, SS, FJ, Scenarios, Campaigns and terrain and other contains everything I already have with different terrain and scenarios.

To put it another way, the choices are : I'll sell you 2 eggs and a piece of toast for $10 or 2 eggs and a glass of OJ for $10. If you want 2 eggs, a piece of toast and some OJ then you are up for $20 and you'll have 4 eggs.

Magpie, you are forgetting that the Market-Garden module will advance the timeline, this means potential new TO&E and equipment for every branch in the base game and module, on top of the new terrain set and, undoubtedly, an incredible set of well-crafted scenarios and campaigns.

Magpie, you are forgetting that the Market-Garden module will advance the timeline, this means potential new TO&E and equipment for every branch in the base game and module, on top of the new terrain set and, undoubtedly, an incredible set of well-crafted scenarios and campaigns.

As far as I'm awa there were no significant changes to US or Brit force structure between Aug and Sep except the possibility of a very few mi or vehicle changes. Certainly nothing major or significant.

Advance the timeline?

I am guessing that the base and Commonwealth modules cover the fighting in Normandy which is June to August 1944, Market Garden was September 1944

1 month.

I believe it runs to the end of November. That might include the addition of the Free French, changes to the US TO&E, and the Germans as well as new equipment and organizations are added and older ones dropped.

Michael

I believe it runs to the end of November. That might include the addition of the Free French, changes to the US TO&E, and the Germans as well as new equipment and organizations are added and older ones dropped.

Michael

Can't see how a module themed on Market Garden would include the French who were well to the south but were there really any major changes in the Allied forces up to November?

Would be nice when Battlefront decides to include the Battle of the Scheldt Estuary in the 'Market Garden'-Module.

The Scheldt Estuary will require the Royal Marines, Canadians and the US so you'd be looking at the Commonwealth and base modules for that.

Hope this hasn't already been asnwered, but will the Brits be able to fire their PIATS from within buildings? Obviously, i have OMG in mind when i ask this.

Yes, yes i know the axis cannot fire their hand held AT weps from within buildings and this also applies to the US bazooka.

Hope this hasn't already been asnwered, but will the Brits be able to fire their PIATS from within buildings? Obviously, i have OMG in mind when i ask this.

Yes, yes i know the axis cannot fire their hand held AT weps from within buildings and this also applies to the US bazooka.

There is a scene in the Spanish AAR showing a rifle grenade being fired from within a house. If the PIAT were modeled similarly it would seem feasible.

Absolutely no idea since that module is what the best part of 8 - 12 months away.

Absolutely no idea since that module is what the best part of 8 - 12 months away.

Surely BF can get back on track with the original module concept of 6 months?

If not, then at the historical rate of modules we may never see a full Eastern Front game in our lifetime?

Whatever happened to a Year a Game and Module every 6 months????

Well that was before they spent 80% of their time in here answering variations on “are we there yet?” (when will it come out, when will the demo come out, will feature X be in the next module even though the first one isn’t out yet?, ... etc. ) :)

No, will be on QF005 flying to Germany.

Holiday or work? I shall be watching it just to the see the look on the Roos faces as once again they fall to the mighty Kiwis ;)

Only way us Brits get any enjoyment now we are not in the same class as either of them.

I will of course be shouting for the Blues again in few weeks though.

Holiday or work?

Well Defence is paying.

Attending ITEC (an international defence simulation / training conference / exhibition). Forced to network with other people and drink something called “beer” also have to spend a day on my old friend Leopard 1.

I shall be watching it just to the see the look on the Roos faces as once again they fall to the mighty Kiwis ;)

Oh that crap - I thought you meant Rugby. No sorry no interest at all in Rugby League.

But then being a Yorkshire lad I should have guessed.

Well Defence is paying.

Attending ITEC (an international defence simulation / training conference / exhibition). Forced to network with other people and drink something called “beer” also have to spend a day on my old friend Leopard 1.

Oh that crap - I thought you meant Rugby. No sorry no interest at all in Rugby League.

But then being a Yorkshire lad I should have guessed.

Lucky man, your living the dream.. Blowing things up for real! I like you gibsonm but if you ever mention kick and clap to me again i shall swing for you ;)

Well you have 10 days to take your best shot as I’ll be several tens of thousand km closer than usual. :)

Yes and you will be inside 40 ton of German( vorsprung dorch technik) killing machine. :) A man as got to know his limitations. :)