Civilian/Partisan Vehicles

Could not find any info on this so I guess this is a question for the BF team...or anyone in the know.

I know in CMSF the terrorists or enemies got to use technicals or car bombs.. and my question is will there be any Civilian cars and trucks available.

For example maybe some Citroen's, Mercedes, German Staff car, Allied Staff car, Ford, Opel, or maybe some French trucks etc.

I think they would be cool for Scenerio type "Special Missions" French Resistance etc.

Just checking..

A car flavour object would be sufficient IMHO, but even that is not essential. Cars and lorries were not as ubiquitous a part of the 1930s-40s European landscape as they are today, and those that did exist were largely garaged (especially since fuel for private use was scarce in Occupied Europe by 1944). You just don't see many in period photos.

About car (or large) flavor objects. the word from on high is has been they aren't going to do it until they can do it right. They don't want to hear griping about that Peugot in the yard not blocking movement, or offering concealment or providing protection. So first they get the game to the point where it can be done properly and then they'll consider it.

About partisans. I have absolutely no inside knowledge about this but I personally would be very happy if one of the modules added a small FFI section. Men in white shirts and arm bands carrying Germans weapons or Sten SMGs. Not entire battalions, just enough to 'flavor' a liberation of Paris' campaign.

I'd rather see the Free French Army in the third "Battlepack" module but maybe the partisans would be a better seller, at least in the US, as they would certainly be more different. More than either though I'd like to see Ostbattallions for the Germans.

I'd rather see the Free French Army in the third "Battlepack" module but maybe the partisans would be a better seller, at least in the US, as they would certainly be more different. More than either though I'd like to see Ostbattallions for the Germans.

Me too. The Free French regulars were way more likely to get involved in the type of battle that CMBN simulates than the resistance was.

Me too. The Free French regulars were way more likely to get involved in the type of battle that CMBN simulates than the resistance was.

Well,my understanding is that CMBN simulates small scale tactical encounters between two groups of people,not necessary regular forces. So I cannot imagine the partisans missing from it after the last module is released.

BFC have always been disinclined to do special forces type missions and units. The FFI falls foul of that too, I would reckon.

While they were undoubtedly a valuable asset to the allies I think their inclusion in a combat sim is stretching it a bit.

I agree that they do not obviously belong in a regular CM game. If BFC ever decided to bring out a module devoted to them well and good. But they didn't have time to do a whole lot of fighting as guerillas, unlike the Yugoslavs and Soviets.

They did not usually go toe to toe with the Wehrmacht.

That sentence I must take issue with. Right before and for two months after the invasion, the Allies were parachuting three man Jedburgh teams in with the intent of arming, training, and organizing partisan bands to do mischief against the Germans. Occasionally, and especially in the South of France they got into some real wing-dang-doodle fights against large German forces and took heavy casualties. Very quickly though most partisans got absorbed into the regular French army and were retrained as appropriate.

Michael

Right before and for two months after the invasion, the Allies were parachuting three man Jedburgh teams in with the intent of arming, training, and organizing partisan bands to do mischief against the Germans.

Michael

Interesting use of the phrase- "Jedburgh teams". Is this in reference to Edge of Darkness? (the British TV series- not the crappy Yank remake into a film).

Regards

KR