The Correctly Spelled Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i'm new here. is anyone buying the new combat mission game set in normandy? if so, i would be happy to play one of you in a game. i don't really know how to play it just yet, but i'm sure i'll pick it up as we go along. this is a challenge thread isn't it? thank you.

Noo! Na FECK OFF, ye bog snorkelin' manky Scots git!

Don't most of them sport the Confederate flag?

Only if they are from Mississippi.

If you live in what amounts to a Persian Gulf version of a theme park, as does our hero Stuka, you need to display the symbol of the folks who ensure your security.

Only if they are from Mississippi.

If you live in what amounts to a Persian Gulf version of a theme park, as does our hero Stuka, you need to display the symbol of the folks who ensure your security.

Wait... what did you call him, former Squire o' mine? What the hell? Did you lose another bet? You'd better be speaking with extra heavy sarcasm, boyo! The only thing heroic about him is the size of his big fat head. And his stupidity. And stench. And inability to contribute anything meaningful to just about anything. And his hideousness.

Hmmm... I know I'm forgetting something else.

Hush yourself, Michael! Serious times are upon us and serious times call for really pointless efforts from those who can... er... do them!

The three Olde Ones have left us bereft... bothered and bewildered. Is that how that goes? Whatever. I digress.

Seanachai is never really here anymore, except for those few times when he accidentally remembers his Log-in code and neither is Berli (Blast his inhuman soul) and neither is the Immoral...er... IMMORTAL Peng.

Some time ago, dalem declared himself an Olde One and of course (Because it IS dalem we're talking about) that went nowhere fast.

So, I believe that someone must step up and carry the burden of Olde One... manship... so that you lads have someone to.. well, not look up to, surely. Certainly not emulate, either. Well... maybe to act as a shield against all the... things... and stuff... out there that would... I don't know... do something... maybe... to them.

And since I'm the only one in this room, right now, I'm proposing myself, to act sort of like the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion for the Wizard, in that scene where he's by the balloon and at some point, the Scarecrow says, "What have you learned, Dorothy?", which is a line I've gotten A LOT of mileage out of, usually when someone I'm with has done something Homerically stupid and it's blown up in their face. Sometimes the police are involved.

So, from this day hence, I shall be like the Olde Ones in those Halcyon days, before everything went to crap. Until such time (If any) when they return. Think of my rule as a benign dictatorship. Except without the benign part.

So let it be written. So let it BE DONE!

Ever the optimist, eh?

Michael

Well, I meant it in the same way that crashes at formula one races are entertaining. There will be a lot of noise, a few flashbacks, perhaps some flames and a putrid odor before this is all said and done.

Steve