Crews remanning AT assets ? destructible terrain ?

Curious:

1) Crews can get back into Armored vehicles (has to be the same crew that exited) I understand , does this same logic apply AT guns ?

2) How much of the terrain is destructible for example by a 75mm HE shell from a Sherman ?

Can flavoured objects be destroyed ? (should probably run a test in CMSF :) ).

Should be the same as CMSF.

1. As long as something isn't completely destroyed or knocked out and non panicked crew can get back in like CMSF from what I understand (it is the same engine and such). If an AT gun is simulated as a vehicle (which it probably is), they should be able to reman it.

2. You can't tunnel under the map with 75mm shells, but they should cause craters and blow up very close flavor objects like in CMSF, that's how it looked in the previews and such.

Just about everything should be pretty similar to CMSF, it's not a new engine. Just polished up a bit.

Things are changing fast with the game. I believe as of day-before-yesterday if a crew is forced to abandon their gun under pressure its considered 'spiked', deliberately disabled, and can't be remanned. Crews aren't exactly supposed to leave functional guns laying around for the enemy to capture. Spiking a gun could be as simple as removing a small piece of the firing mechanism and throwing it into the nearby wheat field. A more premanent solution is draining the recoil cylinder oil then firing a round off using a lanyard. Half the late war German tank photos in hobby books seem to have guns in permanent full recoil. :)

Deformable terrain is great, but don't expect too much from 75mm fire. IIRC, back in when CMBB was new someone posted images of a Soviet WWII-era field manual showing the typical size and depth of craters caused by various caliber shells. Short version: Until you get to really big stuff, (150mm+), the craters are pretty small and quite shallow.

MikeyD, are you hinting that the game differentiates between a gun abandoned due to panic under fire, and one deliberately abandoned by command (i.e., by the player issuing a "bail out" or similar command to the gun crew)? Are the latter re-mannable, and the former not (& assumed to be spiked)? If so, that would be really cool.

Thanks for the reply everyone.

MikeyD, are you hinting that the game differentiates between a gun abandoned due to panic under fire, and one deliberately abandoned by command (i.e., by the player issuing a "bail out" or similar command to the gun crew)? Are the latter re-mannable, and the former not (& assumed to be spiked)? .

Thats what i took from the statement too.

Will a flame thrower (when available) be able to cook a dead cow and raise "fatigued weakened" troops to "fat and happy" status? :)

That feature was already in but it's been pulled. As the first game is Americans it was impossible to get them away from the BBQ.

Plus the sound of beer cans popping was very distracting.

Don't expect it for the CW module either.

MikeyD, are you hinting that the game differentiates between a gun abandoned due to panic under fire, and one deliberately abandoned by command (i.e., by the player issuing a "bail out" or similar command to the gun crew)? Are the latter re-mannable, and the former not (& assumed to be spiked)? If so, that would be really cool.

Yeah MikeyD are you saying re-crewable guns are in and there is some special way to choose to permanently disable them?

That feature was already in but it's been pulled. As the first game is Americans it was impossible to get them away from the BBQ.

Plus the sound of beer cans popping was very distracting.

Don't expect it for the CW module either.

That could really be a problem if the game ever gets any Aussies in it.

Michael

Thats what i took from the statement too.

Yeah MikeyD are you saying re-crewable guns are in and there is some special way to choose to permanently disable them?

This is why we can't have nice things.