Another AAR Please?

Elvis and JonS's fine AAR generated an enormous amount of interest on this board and was extremely entertaining, both for me personally and for the community at large (if the views are any kind of measure).

For the first time in years I found myself checking out BattleFront.Com a couple of times a day and enjoying not only the AAR, but the discussion about WWII military tactics from so many well informed amateur and profession historians.

I'd like to humbly request BFC commission another AAR. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find two people willing to volunteer to fight it out if Elvis and/or JonS aren't interested in doing another one and using a later build will allow more features to be divulged. How about it Steve?

Preferrably an AAR with those two again! Go JonS!

Why, thank you :)

Personally, I can't do another AAR. They are surprisingly time-consuming, and I was lucky that I had a fair bit of spare time in Jan to do it. Even so, pretty much everything else I was working on went on the back burner or got dropped completely.

Regards

Jon

From a marketing point of view, you should do an AAR where a CMx1 player from the USA plays against a scheming, calculating evil Oberst in a feel good story of the year, involving a boy and his dog warning the Allies of a Jagdpanther ambush further up the road!

The AAR concludes with a picture of a GI handing a chocolate bar to the boy while kneeling down and scratching the dog behind it's ear. Good boy!

I might talk to Bill H about doing an AAR on a QB we just concluded.

I have all the saved turns so it may just be a case of replaying them and then writing a commentary to go with it?

That would be great thanks if you get the time. Could do with something interesting on this forum to read again , all gone a bit quiet over the last few weeks.

I really like the idea of bringing in a CM1 veteran against a CM2 tester. I, like I suspect lots of folks out there, really enjoyed the classic CM series but never really got into CMSF. I'd love to read the reactions to different facets of the game from someone like-minded.

With that said, I'm sure doing an AAR thats comparable to JonS and Elvis's fine piece would take a great deal of time and energy. But that AAR really took me back to the heyday of CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK. I'd love to see another one while we wait for the previews.

• 2 weeks later...
topic created (8th Feb) today = (24th Feb) wow these AAR take time to plan :) ... seriously though , seriously lacking in CMBN literature around here recently ... seriously :) ... getting bored.

And you think you have it bad :P try imagining how it is for someone that actually attended a preview. CMBN was crystal meth in disguise, now I desperately need more!

And you think you have it bad :P try imagining how it is for someone that actually attended a preview. CMBN was crystal meth in disguise, now I desperately need more!

I don't want to hear that rubbish, all the others out here that didn't get to go to a preview are feeling a bit left out in the cold. Like that old saying:

"It's better to have loved and lost then never have loved at all." :D

I don't want to hear that rubbish, all the others out here that didn't get to go to a preview are feeling a bit left out in the cold. Like that old saying:

"It's better to have loved and lost then never have loved at all." :D

Thats what some people are telling themself, so it hurts less. :P

I think a one turn video with commentary would be nice too, where someone shows us what is being worked on, what has been done etc. I'd like to see some gameplay in motion.