demo

scottie

No, unfortunately not - that's still being tested.

OMG, I can´t wait anymore.....

Im new to the game and have only played the demos, but im afraid to buy the current bundles (Marines+British and NATO) and watch the big bundle (Marines+British+Nato) being released the day after. :(

QQ: Im considering buying the CM:SF from GamersGate for U$9,00 will it work normally?

thanks for the update.

QQ , whats to test out of interest ? why is it any different than installing 3 modules individually ?

For one, you need the 1.21 patch for NATO. So you can't just jump from British forces (v1.20) to NATO. So we have an installer which takes care of all of it. What needs to be tested also are the dependencies - will it work with a Paradox CMSF 1.00? What if it's already patched? What if there is a module already installed etc. Lots of little things.

OMG, I can´t wait anymore.....

Im new to the game and have only played the demos, but im afraid to buy the current bundles (Marines+British and NATO) and watch the big bundle (Marines+British+Nato) being released the day after. :(

QQ: Im considering buying the CM:SF from GamersGate for U$9,00 will it work normally?

Gamersgate has the 1.00 Paradox version on sale IIRC. Paradox stopped support for it. However, after you buy the Bundle, the modules will effectively convert your game to the Battlefront version anyway. So yes, it should work "normally" after you also get the bundle (or at least one module). If you don't, then you'll be stuck at v1.20 or will have to pay $1 for the v1.21 conversion.

Woot! Moon, don't you let up on those beta testers! Sure, there's a whole lotta goodness on these disks; but,if you let them think their efforts are appreciated, they may start to slack off! Crack that whip! Bemoan their lack of productivity! Wail about their inability to spot glaring errors! Do NOT let them know that they've been doing some great work. They may sit back and think they deserve a beer. Or two. Then where would we be?

;)

To the betas: thanks.

Ken

Waaarg,

the three game bundle only requires the base game to be installed. This means that it will even work with v1.00 (Paradox retail) or v1.01 (Battlefront release). 1.01 is recommended because you get the training campaign with it, but not required. The bundle will then install Marines (v1.10), British (v1.20), v1.21 patch, and NATO (v1.30) in this order.

What game/version is your PS referring to? Thw v1.21 patch IIRC required v1.10.

At the risk of being the type of individual he is delicately lampooning, I'll quickly echo c3k's cheeky comments.

I am glad to hear 1.31 will arrive to clean up some of the loose ends pertaining to the NATO Module. By no means do I wish to diminish the obvious effort of those involved in its production, but I must admit to being surprised at a few of the seemingly obvious things that slipped through into the release version (vehicle weapon stations not responding to cover arcs, incorrect Spike ATGM flight animation, Canadian TO&E omissions, etc.).

Is 1.31 something we might expect prior to the end of the year?

That said, I am continually impressed by BFC's dedication to identifying and correcting inaccuracies in their games. Thanks for understanding that it is your commitment to recreating "real-world" fidelity that attracts folks like myself to your products. I'm sure the new demo will go a long way toward demonstrating your devotion to detail to new customers!

I am glad to hear 1.31 will arrive to clean up some of the loose ends pertaining to the NATO Module. By no means do I wish to diminish the obvious effort of those involved in its production, but I must admit to being surprised at a few of the seemingly obvious things that slipped through into the release version (vehicle weapon stations not responding to cover arcs, incorrect Spike ATGM flight animation, Canadian TO&E omissions, etc.).

These things aren't always so obvious before release. There are a whole lot more of you than us. You are also fresh eyes, while we've been staring at it for a long time. And sometimes (which applies to some of these), bugs get introduced or reappear right at the last minute, when it is thought they had already been fixed.

You are also fresh eyes, while we've been staring at it for a long time.
I think this can often be a big part of it. Having been on the opposite side of the fence, I fully understand the "dead eye" phenomenon and can sympathize.

The saving grace has always been and continues to be, that you guys are good about making the necessary corrections when the inevitable glitches arise. Were it not for that, I would have lost interest long ago.

I'm confident 1.31 will be a real crackerjack to the picky guys like me as a result of everyone's collective effort. Thanks for all of your work.

For one, you need the 1.21 patch for NATO. So you can't just jump from British forces (v1.20) to NATO. So we have an installer which takes care of all of it. What needs to be tested also are the dependencies - will it work with a Paradox CMSF 1.00? What if it's already patched? What if there is a module already installed etc. Lots of little things.

Ah of course :) you chaps do have a complicated time of it. Thanks for the reply Moon.

Waaarg,

the three game bundle only requires the base game to be installed. This means that it will even work with v1.00 (Paradox retail) or v1.01 (Battlefront release). 1.01 is recommended because you get the training campaign with it, but not required. The bundle will then install Marines (v1.10), British (v1.20), v1.21 patch, and NATO (v1.30) in this order.

What game/version is your PS referring to? Thw v1.21 patch IIRC required v1.10.

Excellent, im on Paradox 1.20 so purchasing the MAR/BRIT/NATO bundle means i dont have to purchase and fiddle with the 1.2.1 patch. Thats helpful thank you.

Processor Information:

Vendor: GenuineIntel

Speed: 2786 Mhz

8 logical processors

4 physical processors

HyperThreading: Supported

FCMOV: Supported

SSE2: Supported

SSE3: Supported

SSSE3: Supported

SSE4a: Unsupported

SSE41: Supported

SSE42: Supported

Network Information:

Network Speed:

Operating System Version:

Windows 7 (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll

Driver Version: 8.17.11.9755

DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.11.9755

Driver Date: 11 Apr 2010

Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel

Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

VendorID: 0x10de

DeviceID: 0x6cd

Number of Monitors: 1

Number of Logical Video Cards: 1

No SLI or Crossfire Detected

Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)

67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)

Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x

Primary VRAM: 1280 MB

Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:

Audio device: Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Defi

Memory:

RAM: 6135 Mb