License.net ??????

joeroma

I bought CMA but I can not connect to license.net.

Since I bought the game, I want to use it.

You may solve the problem please?

Otherwise my money I want it now!:mad::mad::mad::mad

E-license themselves are off line, can't access their website either. Nothing that BFC can do about that now so asking for your money back straight off the bat is a bit melodramatic.

Yes, it's PITA, but calm down.

Uhm... wait? I'm sure the e-license boys and girls are right on it.

The purchase and e-license are two completely separate things, and the going down of it has nothing to do with nor cannot be foreseen by BFC.

And offline activation wouldn't work, as it still presumes you are the one offline, not e-license. Basically, the offline option requires you to take a "fingerprint" of the users PC, then transport that "fingerprint" to a PC that has internet and uses that to contact e-license to match license activation to that "fingerprint" which then needs to be transported back to the users PC. IIRC, done it once quite a while ago.

If they can not access the site is their problem not mine.

If offline, should not confirm the purchase

What should I do?

I agree with you completely. Battlefront has accepted our money, but it is not providing the product paid for.

It is the responsibility of the merchant to deliver their end of the agreement. Battlefront turned over handling of order fulfillment to a third party who does not have their act together. That's not the customer's problem, that's Battlefront's problem.

Battlefront should either provide the license by an alternate method, or start issuing refunds.

eLicense is a third party product that WE license to provide copy-protection/DRM for our software. Registering the license key takes place on eLicense's server(s). We have an account on this network to manage the license keys that come from our customers, but we do not manage the license server itself or the network connections to it. One or both of these appear to be down at the moment and I've notified Martin, who will in turn notify eLicense (ViaTech).

I do NOT know how long the server or network connection may be down. I don't expect it to be more than a few days (it may come up today). We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is beyond our power to directly rectify at this point. Of course it is bad timing for us, since we recently released a game and so there may be more than the usual number of people attempting to license and unlicense their software (though I doubt that has 'crashed' the server).

Licensing in 'online' or 'off-line' mode both require the license server to be up. The 'online' method attempts to license directly from the computer that has the game installed on it via a dialog box. The 'off-line' method requires you to go to a website, which in turn communicates with the same license server to generate an 'off-line' activation of your license. So both processes will not be working at this point.

Such server outages are pretty rare for eLicense, so the current situation isn't a common one for us.

eLicense is a third party product that WE license to provide copy-protection/DRM for our software. Registering the license key takes place on eLicense's server(s). We have an account on this network to manage the license keys that come from our customers, but we do not manage the license server itself or the network connections to it. One or both of these appear to be down at the moment and I've notified Martin, who will in turn notify eLicense (ViaTech).

I do NOT know how long the server or network connection may be down. I don't expect it to be more than a few days (it may come up today). We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is beyond our power to directly rectify at this point. Of course it is bad timing for us, since we recently released a game and so there may be more than the usual number of people attempting to license and unlicense their software (though I doubt that has 'crashed' the server).

Licensing in 'online' or 'off-line' mode both require the license server to be up. The 'online' method attempts to license directly from the computer that has the game installed on it via a dialog box. The 'off-line' method requires you to go to a website, which in turn communicates with the same license server to generate an 'off-line' activation of your license. So both processes will not be working at this point.

Such server outages are pretty rare for eLicense, so the current situation isn't a common one for us.

Thanks for reply

But now you have to solve the problem.

I hope that it will not take long.

That's a bit odd, has anyone actually activated their CMA or is did it only go down recently? I'm not a real big fan of the DRM myself either, especially the limited unlocks.

This was a fairly brief outage, 4 hours or so, tonight only. Like I mentioned, first time in 4 years.

LJFHutch - what do you mean by "especially the limited unlocks." ? With eLicense you can license and unlicense as many times as you want. The issue you may be referring to is when users 'lose an activation' by wiping out a drive, reinstalling their OS or possibly having a severe crash or virus infection. Typically we will 'reset' the license key in these situations, though we do put forth that there is a limit to the number of times this will be done. I don't think we've hit that limit with any end user that I know of.

It's been a while since I've fed my CM addiction but tonight I finally got around to re-installing CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and CMSF and all their respective patches on my new computer.

Anyhow, I saw CMA and being a fan of the series and low on will power - I bought it and downloaded it. :)

Anyhow, I'm getting the same error (501) when attempting to license both CMSF and CMA. I'll try again in the morning, and am hopeful the problem will be fixed by then. If not, then I'll email the help desk with a support ticket.

Cheers!! :)

Brian