So what kind of campaign(s) will Normandy have?

Im taking a real stab in the dark here, but if they made a linear campaign with say, base campaign units, then wouldnt it then be restricted to one nationality? (I mean if played on the allies side).

Unless they made a 'joint' force (Brits/Canadians/Commonwealth/Americans), wouldnt it make more sense to have the campaign as seen from the Germans side?

Otherwise If they did do it from the allies point of view and focused on one nationality with say, the occasional ad hoc units from other countries added on, well, methinks we all know what nationality they would choose as the main one. Not that I wouldnt want to play as the americans - far from it- but it would be kinda cliched and up till now the CM games have been very balanced in terms of force representation.

......maybe theyll suprise everyone and you'll play as Free French Paras

The first game for CM: Normandy will only feature US and German troops, as far as I know. I would like to see a campaign from each side. Campaigns in CM:N won't represent your core units involvement through the whole war, only their actions in a single operation. You wouldn't need multiple allied forces in most cases.

The first game for CM: Normandy will only feature US and German troops, as far as I know.

There were Free French forces under US "command" in Normandy. Whether they will be represented in the game I don't know. Has BFC mentioned anything about this?

BTW, the reason 'command' is in quotes above is that the FF were often insubordinate.

Michael

There were Free French forces under US "command" in Normandy. Whether they will be represented in the game I don't know. Has BFC mentioned anything about this?

BTW, the reason 'command' is in quotes above is that the FF were often insubordinate.

Michael

Didn't they get let of the chain only late late in the war? They'd be a pretty marginal player in Summer '44 fighting.

Michael

iirc Steve said he'd like to see them but there are many things he'd like to see and there's no telling if they'll actually make it. If they do it will be in the third module (after the Commonwealth and Market-Garden).

Will it be the strictly linear type like CMSF had or an operation style deal?

Regardless, I'm sure it will be awesome. If it IS linear though, I hope the game allows for the creation of more dynamic operation type campaigns.

Man I would love to see a dynamic operational campaign implemented. For me this is the best direction BF could go.