The Green Zone

afreu

tgz01.jpg

Description:

A convoy of LAVs and Humvees gets ambushed in densely vegetated farmland. A relief force is on the way but won’t arrive within the next 40 minutes. Until then the remnants of the convoy will have to setup a defensive perimeter and hold out against enemy attacks.

Looking forward to your feedback. Have fun!

tgz03.jpg

tgz02.jpg

Excellent screen shots. Last pic looks like a photograph. Love the smoke and fire just starting to come out of the drivers hatch of the first LAV (first pic).

Your second pic (overhead of the map) gives away some valuable intel, or so it seems.

What Lethaface said: Where can I find it? :)

Gpig

Try this nice little programm, i use it under XP since years and it will work under Vista too:

http://www.pcwelt.de/downloads/grafik_video/bildbearbeitung/128531/snapsaver/

Sadly this does not work, the captured pics are the same, all black. Is it possible to take screenshots of CMSF in Win7/XP? If not then I'm assuming it's an issue with CMSF.

As it stands, the only way to take screenshots of CMSF in-game is with FRAPS.

Sadly this does not work, the captured pics are the same, all black. Is it possible to take screenshots of CMSF in Win7/XP? If not then I'm assuming it's an issue with CMSF.

As it stands, the only way to take screenshots of CMSF in-game is with FRAPS.

What OS do you use ?

This programm works fine with XP and should work with Vista too. But i dont know about Win7.

Just start the programm and press ingame the key you have set-up in the options (Print Screen is it normaly) of the programm.

If you have problem because its german, ask me and i will help you.

Start the programm:

The first line you set the location you want the save your pictures.

Make a check on the box below.

Below you then you chose JPEG.

Dont check the box below.

Now make a check by "DRUCK" that means print on your keybord.

Below check the first box.

And now, ingame you just press PRINT and hear a click sound. Now go to the location you chose and here must be a jpeg, your Screenshot.

If it dont works, sorry but i read it works with Vista too.

Start the programm:

The first line you set the location you want the save your pictures.

Make a check on the box below.

Below you then you chose JPEG.

Dont check the box below.

Now make a check by "DRUCK" that means print on your keybord.

Below check the first box.

And now, ingame you just press PRINT and hear a click sound. Now go to the location you chose and here must be a jpeg, your Screenshot.

If it dont works, sorry but i read it works with Vista too.

Yeah it's very easy to use and works like a charm. It takes the pic with the sound click and all. But the pic is the same as what Vista and other software takes too, a blank black screen. Works fine for desktop.

Tried that Hoversnap too with the same results, no success. Obviously taking pics under XP is not a problem, but Vista is a different story, unless FRAPS is used. :mad:

*Spoilers below*

Playing in WEGO I started this scenario and rushed for the wooded terrain shown on the tactical map as the place to setup a defensive position. However this resulted in a distressing slaughter of men and vehicles who were rained on by rpg's from every direction.

I've started again but this time I'm just holding pretty much the original starting position and using the trenches along the road. My vehicles are still fairly exposed but I've managed to retain three of my LAV's for the time being.

Looks like the main red assault's just starting things are getting intense now, nice looking map btw.

Very Intense ambush.Extremely intense firefights.Very nice map.

I followed the plan that was mentioned in the briefing, but found it to very miss leading because it leads to slaughter and not safety.Just like Bodkin I restarted avoiding the plan mentioned in the briefing and tried my own way, being holding ground for now get vehicles in bush's and dismount, then try to pull out of the kill zone.It made for a spectacular show and like i said very intense.Cobras were awesome to have and arrived on scene in time when my men had little to no ammo.At times if it was animated there would have been hand to hand combat.

The reinforcements have arrived now and I understand where the enemy are and another tense scene is on the rise.I stopped for now because on my computer the game starting to get laggy messing up a lot of commands.I'll give this mission a try again.

Misleading briefings can be a real scenario killer.

I know that they are very tempting to use to generate the whole chaos of war, murphy's law in robust action sort of scenario. In my brief stint making scenarios in CMX1, I started off as a big fan. However, when playing scenarios blind it became a monotonous frustration. In CM:BO, it was almost certain that if the briefing said no tanks, you could expect the 12th SS Panzer division to roll in from a supposedly safe flank, no artillery meant a rocket barrage on your starting positions etc.

Thx for your feedback bodkin and soldierz.

Concerning the 'mislead' claim. Trying to get the player to make certain moves via the briefing is one of the things I do to be able to somehow adjust the AI's actions to the player's potential moves. Ideally the terrain and the AI plans would channel the player into interesting situations. But the larger and the more open the map, the more difficult it is to achieve this. With no triggers or any other means to create a dynamically responsive AI available, scenario designers have to rely on 'cheap' tricks to create an interesting experience. Such as placing mines to keep the player from making certain moves or giving orders in the briefing with the intent of fixing the player in predictable locations :P

Of course one cannot calculate all possible player actions. Moving to the area east of the highway is just one recommendation and the way I played the mission mostly during testing. It's not required to do it that way, actually I encourage you to find other ways of survival. (And tell me about it :P)

Btw, this mission is quite CPU-heavy due to the dense vegetation and the high number of units involved. It can get quite bad aroundT+60, but should get better the more enemies get dropped.

Looking forward to more feedback.

played that for a while. it was fun and challenging finding

an hide-out, but a while after the rescue force arrived i had the impression

it's gonna be a RPG-behing-every-tree style scenario.

and i just gave it up; a guerilla devision, that's what it was.

a great map though and playable for more than once, if you like this

kind of scenarios.

I slugged it out with the lag and had a good and detailed report finished about how I proceeded with the mission,but... and I'm not kidding, my Firefox explorer froze on me 2 seconds before I hit the post reply button.Everything that I took time to type was lost and I'm very agitated right now because of that.If the cosmic joker played a joke on me and thought that was funny, I'd like to punch him right in the nose as hard as I can for that.It's really nothing to get to angry at, but WOW, what a frustrating feeling you get when that happens.

Anyways, when I get a chance I'll try to type it all back up and post it.I'm going to try and make it a point to post up the outcome and tactics used for all of those who post a mission on the forums and would like feedback.Lot's of you guys put time into making missions and I have fun playing them and I really enjoy this game, so ill try to put time in to throwimg back some feedback and outcomes when ever it's wanted.