Dork factor 9

"Cap'n, I giving ye all Ah got"

Apparently there is a new MMORPG coming called....Star Trek online. Which is, as you guessed, based in the Star Trek world. You get a ship and fly around but this part struck me as funny:

Q: Will there be an economy?

A: Many of the details are still in the works, but yes, there will be an economy that makes sense in the Star Trek universe. Since the Federation has explicitly done away with money, expect bartering and trading of goods to be an important part of the economy. Less tangible forms of economics such as Reputation are also not out of the question.

This game is due out 2/10/2010 and you haven't sorted out an economy? Sounds like a train wreck....not mention totally un-fun.

If it's based on TOS, I think quests will get rather old after the first 200 childish deities and planets controlled by disguised mainframes.

If it uses TNG, get used to child and android characters doing everything while all the others ever do is get assimilated by Borg or ridiculed by a childish deity.

The best possible outcome would be if it was set in the mirror universe.

mirror_universe_sulu_and_uhura_2268.jpg

MUTPol.jpg

mirror_spock.jpg

Now, now, we don't mention that in front of strangers. You wouldn't want your thing for exhaust pipes brought up in public now would you?

Michael

Haha, you gotta admit though, that was a classic. I know of one person who spit out there coffee when he ventured into that Peng thread. Definitely worth the infraction Steve chucked at me. ;)

Now, now, now, Dave Aitch, jealousy ill becomes you.

I'm sure you're quite right. Taking a cheap shot at the Peng thread every six months or so, however, is terribly becoming. :D :D

As is using Smilies whenever possible to annoy those who dislike them. :D :D

I was so disappointed when the maximum was reduced from eight to five. :mad:

I'm sure you're quite right. Taking a cheap shot at the Peng thread every six months or so, however, is terribly becoming. :D :D

As is using Smilies whenever possible to annoy those who dislike them. :D :D

I was so disappointed when the maximum was reduced from eight to five. :mad:

But it involves less counting for you, which has to be a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...