Does this unit have ammo or not?

I've seen this as well, even at the start when acquiring ammo from vehicles. Units will sometimes take ammo/AT but nothing shows up in the inventory and the ammo is still subtracted from the vehicle. It's like it disappears.

Also, I noticed with the Javelin if you take the rockets first instead of the launcher they disappear. Gone from the vehicle and the unit. Although this might be fixed by now, last time I did it(but learned from it) was like 1.10.

I'm pretty confused about the vehicle ammo too.

A TOW armed HMMWV do not access their crew carried TOWs when the ones their vehicle carried are fired. But I'm pretty sure I saw a British vehicle dip in to it's acquirable 7.62 ammo supply.

It'd probably be better if the TOWs start in the acquirable ammo supply if they can be made to behave in the same way as the Brit MG ammo. Currently it's 5 TOW for the vehicle, 3 for the crew and 0 acquirable. If all 8 were acquirable, that would keep the options open.