Who Goes with Fergus, Then, to the Peng Challenge Thread?

Seanachai

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you're really proud that you thought that up, aren't you, standing there in your school ground knickers, beaming with little wise ass pride.

Michael

I would have put more thought into it, but one of the cardinal rules of humor is "Know your audience" and so I figured anything with subtle verbal shadings or clever nuances would be completely wasted on a cloth-headed dullard such as yourself.

But to make it up to you, I can always tell you about the rabbits again, Lenny.

Who's this Fergus then? Is he a frog?

Who will go drive with Fergus now,

And pierce the deep wood's woven shade,

And dance upon the level shore?

Young man, lift up your russet brow,

And lift your tender eyelids, maid,

And brood on hopes and fear no more.

And no more turn aside and brood

Upon love's bitter mystery;

For Fergus rules the brazen cars,

And rules the shadows of the wood,

And the white breast of the dim sea

And all dishevelled wandering stars.

Obviously Yeats's Fergus was a redneck, talking about hanging out in the woods and bragging about brazen cars, but don't get the wrong idea you freaks of humanity - brow dosen't mean pants.

Must go I think there's a bucket that's overflowing.

Poor Joe. He went to the Dinosaur exhibit at the local museum, but what with his advanced myopia, thought the sign said "DINAH SHORE Exhibit" and he ran around the place singing "See the USA in a Chevrolet" and blowing big kisses (MWAH!") to everybody he saw.

He was finally tasered into unconsciousness.

Sad, really.

Except for the tasering part.

You make that sound like an unusual event in his case.

I think it forms a major part of the thrill of travel for him. The certainty that it will happen, but not knowing when or where. Usually though it's right after entering the first sleazy bar, so you'd think he would at least be able to make a guess. That is, if he were anywhere within a country mile of having a fully functioning brain. But...to each his own...

Michael