Your Best Screen Shot 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Austeyr I used had a two-stage safety, which you pushed in and out with thumb and forefinger.The first click in was single-shot only, while the second click was what you described with single-shot then auto.

till now i thought the Austeyr(funny but good name btw. ;) ), or F88 as i belive it is called too, would be "exactly" the same as the AUG we use here.

as far as i can remember, the safety you use with thumb and forefinger just did two things here on the AUG A2, there is the "safe" and "unsave" position. we didnt had a way to get a 3rd, only single shot mode. means if you squeez off a single shot or a burst is entirely up to your triggerfinger :D

but it seems aussies modified the AUG a little, and i see that a single shot only mode as addition to the single/auto mode makes sense, or at least the "get used to" time is reduced. i did let off a burst where i shouldnt have, and well others did too, so there is a certiain amount of time required till you can work the AUG trigger reliably but i never saw such accidently shots from soldiers higher up in ranks wich obviousely shot quiet a lot more then we did.

The vid is great and I hate to be a music grog, but it isn't Bill Haley and the comet, its Bill Haley and His Comets. :)

Hi

Thx for the comments. I realized after uploading the video that there was a mistake ... I was toying a lot with the video editor trying to find a good mix between something a bit fun while still being interesting to watch, and forgot to double check the credits :rolleyes:

"F88 as i belive it is called too, would be "exactly" the same as the AUG we use here.

as far as i can remember, the safety you use with thumb and forefinger just did two things here on the AUG A2, there is the "safe" and "unsave" position."

Thats exactly how the Austeyr works too. The Kiwi version uses the "safety" as the burst/single shot mode. Thats what Pinetree must've fired.