Your Best Screen Shot 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea well, the impact looks like a "tiny" fireball too ;)

not that i care about this too much but maybe it could just kick up a bunch of dust without explosion effect. maybe even on the list, far down :)

Yeah, this is kind of the issue with the impacts--they all look like explosions, even when it's not strictly appropriate. Would be nice to see changed, though.

Nothing special for a bullpop. i wonder why so many nations stick around with the conventional rifle design.

Just noticed this post. Well, bullpup designs do have some drawbacks too. For one, it's impossible to fire one left-handed as the spent cartridges would eject into your face.

Not always 'impossible' but you have to invest time in changing the weapon configuration to left-handed. In the case that it is possible. Standard design can used fast ambidextrous (corners) and it is easier to reload in awkward positions. For urban fighting all in all a standard carbine may be better.

Not that I have ever tried it for real.

Just noticed this post. Well, bullpup designs do have some drawbacks too. For one, it's impossible to fire one left-handed as the spent cartridges would eject into your face.

Not to mention the horrific trigger pull, the difficulties of mag changes, the difficulties of shooting prone with one, the crappy balance, and numerous model-specific problems.

Not to mention the horrific trigger pull, the difficulties of mag changes, the difficulties of shooting prone with one, the crappy balance, and numerous model-specific problems.

Trigger pull may be bad compared to some kind of match trigger, but for a military rifle it isn't necessarily bad.

Shooting prone doesn't really pose any great difficulties.

Balance is fine once you're used to it. when you start loading accessories onto the fore end then the balance of a bullpup is better than a corresponding conventional layout.

As for left-handed shooting, there are now bullpups that can be used ambidextrously with no modification (FN's F2000 and Kel-tec's RFB).

well the one i shot, was balanced fine in my view i liked how the weapon is light up front and fast to move up and down and the like but i have not much to compare to, mag change was rapide once used to. the gun i shot, the AUG, has no fire select, you squezze the trigger a little for single shot, you pull it hard, you get auto fire, i found this to be great although i accidently let of a 2 shot burst once while competative practice, means i wasted a round, and so automaticly missed a target. beats me...at least my 2 shot burst hit at 200m :D

Hmm, Ive used the SA-80 for years now and havent found any of what your on about. Its a very accurate easy to handle weapon. The mag change is smooth, even when prone. The balance is Ok and in close up areas and buildings its small length is a boon.

The latest models even come with a little bipod. Ok, lefties often have a bit of trouble and you do have to expose yourself a bit when firing round a left handside corner but the thing is a good rifle.

I fired the Steyr a while back and that seemed OK too.

Oh, and before I forget, one of the very best things about the SA80 is the sling. You wont believe how good that little thing is compared to other rifles.

Hi all

I've another one for you. In fact, it's more than one and it all began by this :

rock-around-the-block.jpg

As you may see it's a syrian pickup going inside a building (on the map Rock around the block). At first i was surprized, and thought that the vehicle was crashing, and it was simply some glitch. But it wasn't, crashing. The pickup was turning and at a rather high speed, certainly because the IA suddenly saw in front of her just before that there was plenty of US soldiers with big rocket launchers :D

So i began following the action closely, to see what would happen as i had many units in the surrounding area. I also immediatly understood that the IA was trying to trick me, "b-movie" style, going full speed through a building to break through the other side. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to give you a better idea of what happened, i made a small video with the various screenshots i took. All in all the action was very fun to watch. You may find the clip here : http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Cyberstratege/video/xa20sf_cmsf-rock-around-the-block_videogames

Of course the pickup didn't exactly jump out of the building, but still, he managed to find a way and continue driving crazy in the middle of my units. At a moment I was afraid that the pickup may roll over some soldiers, as it was really closed to the soldiers, but it didn't happened and in fact i think it's not possible in CMSF (i mean to kill a guy by rolling over him).

Though now that we know that the IA can drive this way, I can't wait to see vehicles blowing through walls in a future patch ;)

[snip]...the AUG, has no fire select, you squezze the trigger a little for single shot, you pull it hard, you get auto fire, i found this to be great although i accidently let of a 2 shot burst once while competative practice, means i wasted a round, and so automaticly missed a target. beats me...at least my 2 shot burst hit at 200m :D

The Austeyr I used had a two-stage safety, which you pushed in and out with thumb and forefinger.The first click in was single-shot only, while the second click was what you described with single-shot then auto.