Your Best Screen Shot 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy was caught moving between poses, so its not the moving animation or the waiting animation.

i wonder why so many nations stick around with the conventional rifle design.

Australia uses a Bullpup design, the F88. U.S. has been designing and testing (failed) bullpup designs since the early 80s! But it's not really the bullpup design's fault that those test rifles fired exotic flechette darts!

The SA80 got pretty bad reviews from the troops in the Kuwait war regarding ergonomics and weight distribution, I hear. Its back-heavy, resulting in a bit of barrel-climb while firing. The new forward handgrip is supposed to mitigate the problem.

The old L85A1 used in Kuwait had many problems I believe. The new L85A2 is the second version and has fixed many problems of the original A1. By all accounts from a mate serving with 4th Bn The Rifles in Afghanistan at the moment, the weapon's very nice. Though, and I quote 'Firing at farmers with a .50 is ****ing awesome!'

Nah, new feature.

This man's morale has dropped so low he is about to shoot through his own hand to get discharged out of the army. ;)

I think he's sneaking up to use the new 'goose' command to raise the morale of certain squad members.

MikeyD;

Australia uses a Bullpup design, the F88. U.S. has been designing and testing (failed) bullpup designs since the early 80s! But it's not really the bullpup design's fault that those test rifles fired exotic flechette darts!

this flechette rifle could have been pretty steep! it was a Steyr build prototype entering the Advanced Combat Rifle competition held by the US army(world.guns.ru writes these trails where in the early 90ties). Said goal was to outmatch M16 performance, but i dont know how all this was mesured, to 100% or more. no single weapon system made it at the time however ACR seemed to be one of the most prommising.

the little info one can easylie get is found here;

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as56-e.htm

http://www.steyr-aug.com/acr.htm

Hi

Here's a fun pic i took recently. It's a rocket flying just between the wheels of a vehicle, to hit his target just a few meters behind.

The vehicle here is not the target, it has just been knocked out a few seconds before by a first rocket, shot by the soldiers ambushed in the woods, as you may see in the background.

cmsf-rocket-sniping.jpg

That's a damn precise shot, even considering the two vehicles were not moving :D

Has anyone noticed that in that photo the RPG's propellent (the blue bit) is still burning whereas late in the flight it will have disappeared? It's little touches like that which keeps me coming back to this game!

Hi

Here's a fun pic i took recently. It's a rocket flying just between the wheels of a vehicle, to hit his target just a few meters behind.

The vehicle here is not the target, it has just been knocked out a few seconds before by a first rocket, shot by the soldiers ambushed in the woods, as you may see in the background.

That's a damn precise shot, even considering the two vehicles were not moving :D

I forget which thread it's in, but there's a post where Steve mentions that knocked out vehicles can provide cover for troops but not vehicles. In other words, park a tank behind a knocked out tank and incoming rounds can still go through (as in pretending it's not there) the knocked out tank. This RPG round did that, i think. It still looks cool though. :)

I'm no beta tester, so I can offer no snazzy British-ness, but here's a recent instance illustrating the quality of CMSF's damage modeling.

CMSF0032-1.jpg

APFSDS round from T-72M1V scores direct hit on and passes through M1134 Stryker and comes to rest in dirt in foreground.

CMSF0032-2.jpg

CMSF0032-3.jpg

Same moment from Stryker's perspective. The APFSDS round's trajectory was nearly horizontal but the Stryker's stance was somewhat nose-down. As indicated by the damage tab, the APFSDS round tore into the Stryker's upper hull to the right of midline, damaging the top right part of the engine (such that it was a write-off), passing through the commander, causing a shrapnel spray that wounded the gunner, obliterating the base of the dual TOW launcher (such that it the launcher itself was ripped from its mount), before passing through the serendipitously empty ammo storage compartment (the Stryker had been busy firing its TOWs before it was knocked out) and missing the leader, who was just about the stick his head up to reload the launcher when the vehicle was hit. As indicated by the following shot, the leader was unscathed, and he bailed out with the other two surviving crewmen.

CMSF0032-5.jpg