Official Ashes thread

• 1 month later...

Wot's this thread doing on the third page on Ashes victory/defeat/decider day? Hereby moved back to page one for a brief run.

My summary: fairly mediocre team outplays truly mediocre team and wins in 2009. Fair result. Not an especially memorable series at all. Compared to 2005, not even close. That was a ripper of a series, and an equally fair result.

I feel less bad about losing this one than 2005, where I thought we really got dudded. Both England victories this time were pretty emphatic and the games were often good demonstrations of how one bad session can kill your whole match.

Australian selectors made some curious decisions and Ponting looked like a buny in the headlights at times. You can tell whenever he starts biting his nails that he's out of ideas.

I can't agree. The pitch for the final test was prepared in such a way to guarantee a result so the entire series gets decided by a single coin toss. Made a complete mockery of the whole thing.

I have a good idea. Why not have the next series over and done with really quickly by removing the need for tailor made pitches and simply have the series decided by best of 5 coin tosses. Then we could get on with the 'real' cricket..... 20/20.

:(

Regards

KR

I can't agree. The pitch for the final test was prepared in such a way to guarantee a result so the entire series gets decided by a single coin toss. Made a complete mockery of the whole thing.

Stats don't add up dude, simple truth is Australia were done in by 1 horrible session, just the same as England were at Headingly..

Thursday, 20 August 2009

npower Test Match Series

England: 332 & 373-9 (95.0 overs)

Australia: 160 & 348 (102.2 overs)

2 highest batting scores came in the 3rd and 4th innings...

Where are the gloating poms?

We can't be arsed mate.We beat an average team with a slightly below average team.So whats to gloat about.Plus now its only being shown on SKY TV the viewing figures have dropped from around 9 million in 2005 to around 1.5 million this time.So most of us haven't seen it.So its sort of passed us by.

We can't be arsed mate.We beat an average team with a slightly below average team.So whats to gloat about.Plus now its only being shown on SKY TV the viewing figures have dropped from around 9 million in 2005 to around 1.5 million this time.So most of us haven't seen it.So its sort of passed us by.

about right

beating shane and the gang counted as a achievement... that aussie squad was coming to end of its life but it was still one of the all time greatest teams..

end of an era and all that

there is also a sense that england got over exercised last time and dropped the ball

There is also the thought that maybe if Peterson and Flintoff hadn't been f***ing greedy and gone chasing the money in the IPL,then maybe they wouldn't both have been so crippled.I can't imagine either of them were destitute and need the stupid amounts of money they were paid.