"MOD" Pakistani Army

M1A1TC,

Pretty stunning work. The buildings' new skins certainly add a whole new meaning to the word "bleakness," don't they? Thus far, they look very well executed, and, as for their timeliness and certainty, right on the money.

This idea is so apparent and pitch perfect, it's amazing nobody created it before. I have no doubts that however this work is released, it'll be downloaded in droves.

My fingers are already twitching. I can't wait to see more of this.

M1A1TC, are your background mountains up on Repository? Cmmods.com is going to be unplugged on the 31st.

All of M1A1TC's mods have been rescued from cmmods.com and are at The CMSF Mods Warehouse.

MOUNTAINS.ZIP_original.JPG?1243332052

For some reason they are filed under the author name "VladTemplar" - this is how they were at cmmods.com. That could easily be changed to M1A1TC if that was the right thing to do?

GaJ

Looks real good, M1A1TC. :)

Back when I heard the news about the Pakistani government basically letting the Taliban have control of the Swat valley (thus in effect giving them free reign to continue blowing up schools, flinging acid onto girls' faces, and murdering whomever they please), that conjured up in my mind visions of a Pakistani-Reserve-Army-versus-Taliban CMSF scenario in which a Pakistani battalion goes rogue, gathers a company's worth of loyal troops, then attacks the Taliban headquarters in the Swat valley and trounces them.

The sad irony is that now the Pakistani army is attacking the Taliban, and it's resulting in far too many civilian casualties. (Yet more hypocrisy from the we're-the-truest-Muslims-in-the-world Taliban: back when they were in power, they drove around in trucks, beating up and even killing any man they encountered who did not have a beard, but now they shave their own beards in hopes of blending in with the fleeing civilians!)

Super work as always, M1A1, and very on topic.

My only suggestion would be to darken their skin tones and soften their features somewhat -- in general smaller/less sharp noses and softer chins than Arabs, although mustaches are still pretty universal (I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone with those gross generalizations). The majority of Pakistanis (and draftees) are basically Indian Muslims -- the same faces can therefore be used for Indian Army troops when you get around to them.

The Pashto tribals who make up the bulk of the Taliban are generally light-skinned like their Afghan cousins, so there's no need to darken the masked insurgents.