CMMODS -> CMSFMods Warehouse underway

Hi All,

The job of transfering mods from Todd's CMMODS to the new CMSFMods Warehouse is underway.

You are welcome, encouraged, thanked etc to help!

The entire list of mods from the old site is available at the new site. This means all you have to do is find a mod that you have that isn't uploaded yet (the search function is good for this) and ... upload it!

A million thanks to Der Alte Fritz, who is the hero of this sort of activity. Beat him if you can!

There is an feed.png RSS Feed available for the new site, so if it suits you, you can use this to track what's been put up there recently.

When the rate of posting slows, I may also arrange to have new entries posted here with pictures.

Enjoy.

GaJ

Moon - that could be cool. It's probably worth holding off a little while before doing that, because there will likely be a couple of hundred uploaded from CMMODS in the next week or so, no point in filling up the forum here with one per mod!

Once it settles down to "new mods" being added, then a forum notification makes a lot of sense. Another possibility is to have the new site post the notes here directly. This would have the advantage that the preview thumb could be linked in here - not sure how that would work via RSS.

GaJ

Well, the forum software grabs anything you send it via the RSS feed. Normally images are not included in feeds but there are ways around it probably. Each new entry in the feed would get its own thread, just like the repository listings do.

I am not sure what you mean exactly with "have the new site post the notes here directly" but it sounds like there would be security issues with that.

Good point about waiting a little to not overload the forums. Simply email me when you think it's a good time and send me the URL of the feed(s) to use.

Martin

That champion uploader, Der Alte Fritz, uploaded about 70 mods/scenarios in the last couple of days.

I've been rushing along behind him making sure they all have preview pictures and reasonable categorisation (unfortunately the info we got from CMMODs for CMSF mods/scenarios was a bit of a mess).

I'm also in the middle of separating out Mods from Scenarios, so that we can have a separate "Scenarios" tab.

GaJ

I know I would like to see it. I know TOW 1 is all but dead but TOW 2 is a recent release. I contacted some of the guys - Tartari, rofl, about uploading to your site. They had some pretty good files and it would be a shame to let them just disappear. Hopefully you agree, if not thanks anyway. I am sure everyone appreciates your work to save and consolidate the files on your site.

thanks for all your work on this GaJ, but is there any chance of improving the search function on the site so you can select a drop down of types to be searched and then a sub search of date added or author etc.

The mods are already categorised into types but it's unclear to a new user what the different types are that they can search under.

Once again thanks for your commitment to the CM games.

Interesting question.

I could make a site just like the CMSF one, except for TOW.

Is there real demand/need for this?

GaJ

Combat Mission Mods Warehouse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret

Do you have to make another site? Or are you talking about adding a link which just takes you to another site page? Sorry for my misunderstanding. I do not think you will have a large audience for the TOW1 game but TOW2 seems to be doing OK. I will purchase it in the future. It just seemed appropriate to put this Battlefront game with the others as it was on the cmmods site. Thanks.

Hah - right away I know the first problem you will have: some of the fields of the mods and scenarios will have no options, because there is nothing in there to set an example.

Upload a few, let me know when you're done, and we'll set up a few fields that make sense after that.

GaJ

• 1 month later...

@GreenAsJade

i have a question, my CMMODS user name was Jok, in the new CMMODS site i used my forum name, Pandur, to correct this mistake.

now the problem i have is that i will update one of my scenarios for 1.20 but i cant do it as i am not "Jok" :D so is there a way to simply delete the old scenario and i put up the new as a new entry when its done?