recommended CM:SF Mods

Im very new in CM:SF. Im also new in CMBB and I like both games. Normally I favor WW2 games but CM:SF makes fun too. Some guys in the CMBB forum told me "important" mods for CMBB. Some I will never miss and make the game "better" like for example the grided landscape.

Now Im asking for the "must have mods" for CM:SF. I bought the Marines module too.

I know someone will post a much more impressive list but I can give you a few to start. I also recommend getting the Z-Bee Mod manager. It is a brilliant piece of software and worth the 30 minutes it took me to go learn it. Essentially it will turn any scenario into what you want it. Want your soldiers wearing temperate uniforms and have camouflaged vehicles fighting in European cities? Easy, find the mod and apply it to all temperate scenarios. I use it for all my Russian on Russian scenarios. It is so worth the time it take to set up. It is very user friendly too.

My list would be:

MOD Highway FIX PLUS Tutorial

Detailed Foliage Icons Mod 2.0

Mod_Red_tracers_and_explosions

Iconed Bases Mod

Oddballs Soundmod

Mountains

Water tile Mod

Scipio Flames

Scipio Weapon Icons (Final)

The list could go on but I am sure others will add some to flesh out the best.

There is also an even lens flare that tones down the sun.

As for uniforms check them all out. Very few are not good. So download them all and apply them to the scenarios you want. I spent a day downloading mods after z-bee came out. That should get you started.

Everything by Normal Dude (the Mod King if you ask me). I particularly like the ragtag Syrian Uniforms. I've mixed and matched several of these as per Normal Dude's instructions and my Syrians look absolutely great now. The Chocolate-Chip and Urban Assault uniforms for the US side are also excellent. All my soldiers are wearing Normal Dude gear these days!

I also highly recommend "Oddball's Sound Mod (Final)". I don't think this is in the Repository but you can get it from CMMODS. At first I thought the sounds were too "in your face" but I've since been totally won over by them. Just give them a go and you won't look back.

Thx a lot for the many very good mods here. I downloaded almost every mod and installed it. The scipio mods are really great mods, odbollsoundsmod sounds a lot better then the original ones and I appreciated the more infantry related campaigns like the "From the dawn to the setting sun" and the "Crossroads" campaigns.

I also found one grid mod but it didnt work.

I was looking for one special mod I couldnt found: the CMSF Balkans War Mod terrain and units mod. Can someone post a link where I can download it?

Everything by Normal Dude (the Mod King if you ask me). I particularly like the ragtag Syrian Uniforms. I've mixed and matched several of these as per Normal Dude's instructions and my Syrians look absolutely great now. The Chocolate-Chip and Urban Assault uniforms for the US side are also excellent. All my soldiers are wearing Normal Dude gear these days!

Just a clarification in case anyone gets the wrong idea, the Syrian uniforms are not my work, that is Birdstrike. :D

Just a clarification in case anyone gets the wrong idea, the Syrian uniforms are not my work, that is Birdstrike. :D

My apologies to Birdstrike, and thanks to Normal Dude for pointing out my error. Well, Normal Dude is still a Mod King for his various US uniforms and camou weapons, but I love those Syrian uniforms. They seem to have a real fabric feel to them and mixing and matching the "odd" and "even" numbered ones as per Birdstrike's instructions works a treat. My Syrians have never looked better!

My personal must-haves are

Pete Wenman's Marsh to water tile mod

Gordon's Syrian tank mods

Vlad Templar's Faces of Syria mod (I can't believe none of you guys recommended this one)

Scipio's Flames mod (yellow)

Of course, I play this game mainly as the Red side... I'll have to have a look at Birdstrike's Syrian uniforms mod

My essential mods so far:

bright base icons (the ones with the skulls, etc)

FacesOfSyria

Mord's (hooah!) Allah's army sound mod

Mord's syrian fighters

Mord's unit portraits

MuddyWatersCompleteMod

Red tracers/explosions

Scipios sihouettes (very nice)

Scipios weapon icons (very nice)

Scipios weapon icons red cross (very nice)

ThereGoesTheSun

"Shots" a mixture of someones mods and mine

• 3 weeks later...
Thx a lot for the many very good mods here. I downloaded almost every mod and installed it. The scipio mods are really great mods, odbollsoundsmod sounds a lot better then the original ones and I appreciated the more infantry related campaigns like the "From the dawn to the setting sun" and the "Crossroads" campaigns.

I also found one grid mod but it didnt work.

I was looking for one special mod I couldnt found: the CMSF Balkans War Mod terrain and units mod. Can someone post a link where I can download it?

I have had the same problem with the grid mod not working. Only the background shows the grid. Anyone else have that problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I prefer the grid as it makes reading the contours of the terrain much easier, always used it in CMx1

DuetschRitter,

The Balkans mod is in ccmods and called "Nouveu Terrain" or something similar to that.

I couldn't get it to work...it caused the game to CTD. It was the only mod of the 116 I have loaded to cause a CTD.

Also, anyone, I've tried (and deleted and re-dlded and re-tried) Mord's Combatants and Mord's Allah's Army sound mod and when I try to activate them in zBee's mod manager, I get an error runtime message and the manager shuts off. Anyone have that problem and/or a way to fix it? Or is the mod somehow porked? All Mord's other mods work fine for me.

Thanks.