Surprise Attack!!!! They're here!

Just ran a few turns, very preliminary observations:

The Japanese have no levels in long-range air, nor even any chits invested, despite having ranges for their planes which would put that of say Germany to complete shame.

In the 2nd and 3rd turns I got hit with rains over the Philippines and Singapore, but the Japanese made a concerted effort to launch their offensives to coincide with the local dry seasons. Took the latter anyway and was making headway in the former.

Just my 2 cents...

Just ran a few turns, very preliminary observations:

The Japanese have no levels in long-range air, nor even any chits invested, despite having ranges for their planes which would put that of say Germany to complete shame.

In the 2nd and 3rd turns I got hit with rains over the Philippines and Singapore, but the Japanese made a concerted effort to launch their offensives to coincide with the local dry seasons. Took the latter anyway and was making headway in the former.

Just my 2 cents...

Hi John!

Japanese aircraft automatically outrange everyone else's by 1, so rather than give them long range level 1, their base stats are slightly higher than everyone else's.

There are a few different stats for different nations, not in everything as that would be too confusing, but just in some key areas.

For instance, aircraft range is one good area for Japan, but going the other way their tanks don't compare so well against their allied equivalents. China has the worst equipped infantry, and US marines are the best equipped.

As to the weather, it is the dry season in some parts but less so in others. For instance, the Philippines have a higher chance of rain outside of the Monsoon season than Burma (in Burma the weather can have a big effect as there the chance of rain varies from 0 to 95%, whereas in the Philippines rain is more spread out throughout the year).

Arrrg!

How dare you prey on us poor weak gamers with a release like this, Hubert! For shame - for shame!

I cannot afford this game! Plus, I have no time to play it right now!

*Sigh*... downloading now. :)

Big fan of the series; I still play SC1 with my nephew.

Yeah...tell me about Burma weather, holy crow. In my last game as Japan I ended up moving all my air units out of there by mid-1943, they were grounded all the time! Great stuff to consider though when fighting there. The days that ARE clear can help swing a slugfest in your favor with a few tac bomber runs.

The worst of the weather usually runs from about May through September or so. I've been there during the dry season, and will be going back again. That's usually during January and into February and March. Talk about HOT and HUMID!! Whew!

But in a bad year, the rain and mud would be a huge, huge problem.

OH - I've got the game - HURRAH!!! Now to just find the time to play it! ;-)

I got my game today, which i won thanks to the StratCom Design Challenge.

Thank you all at battlefront.com for this beautiful, excellent price!

I played my first 20 minutes, and it is just great!

It looks beautiful, it has a very nice soundtrack, it is fun, it is sooooo unbelievable fresh:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Hubert, this is a unique masterpiece!I can't await the weekend, or better the christmas holidays. Oh joy!

:)

If anyone still doubting to get this game: stop doubting, start purchasing:

you won't be dissapointed.

I would have bought it if i hadn't had the luck to win a free copy.

Which brings me right back to:

OH JOY! THANKS! And WOW, what a game!!!

• 2 weeks later...