British Module

Dakuman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching that new show on the Military Channel, Tour of Duty, and it's got me really excited about the Brit Module. If you haven't watched it, check it out. I'd definitely like to see the Paras included.

And maybe one of these for the insurgents.

truckmengunskarmahpq4.jpg

searchingtruckgrayatvu9.jpg

Mord.

yeah, I guess that's more historically accurate :) . I would just want the French as the OPFOR vs US units. I wonder if anyone has fought any US Army vs US Marines battles yet for bragging rights. Just pretend your pixeltruppen are wearing MILES gear. I'm probably a little biased, but I'm confident the Army would stomp all over the Marines. (you can fight blue on blue right? Just ordered yesterday)

yeah, I guess that's more historically accurate :) . I would just want the French as the OPFOR vs US units. I wonder if anyone has fought any US Army vs US Marines battles yet for bragging rights. Just pretend your pixeltruppen are wearing MILES gear. I'm probably a little biased, but I'm confident the Army would stomp all over the Marines. (you can fight blue on blue right? Just ordered yesterday)

Yeah. My Marines are currently in the process of beating the skit out of Elvis' grunts. Too bad that their commander cannot send the correct files...

Syrian vs. Syrian is fun too.

Yeah. My Marines are currently in the process of beating the skit out of Elvis' grunts. Too bad that their commander cannot send the correct files...

Syrian vs. Syrian is fun too.

Elvis better get his act together - US Army honor is on the line there! Let him know that the eyes of all US Army veterans are upon him and that we would be profoundly shamed and disappointed if he lost to the ... cough cough ... Marines :). I wonder how well the British could hold off a Marine assault on the southern coast of England! Time for some payback for burning down Washington DC during the War of 1812.

You're a little out of date there Sivodsi,

Well, no surprise there.:D

Jackal has been rapidly distributed to the rest of the Army and the LMG has been in service with the whole army since 2003!

"para" doesn't mean specifically for paratroopers? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't mean that we won't get them, unless you can see equipment that para's definately have but are absent from the list.

So, my question is, does the equipment listed thus far rule out the possibility of there being paratroopers in CMSF: Brits?

I would imagine that one of the 'surprises' included in the Brit Pack will be the US Light Infantry formation and maybe some more US stuff. Otherwise, a lot of Americans just aren't going to buy it. I'm not expecting to see anything new for the Syrian side as the CM:SF title is ablout Modern Era combat against Syria and not against Russia or China or anybody else. However, I will be disappointed if they don't give the Syrians some trucks. There is absolutely no good reason for denying them to the Syrians other than the time it takes for BFC to 'code them in'.

As all Brit formations use the same weapons you can create and imagine any Para or marine scenario, just as you can for the US side.

As an aside that may not be modelled in the game, the L85A2 sling is possibly the best thing ever attached to a battle rifle anywhere, a truly innovative piece of kit.

Sold!! Oops, not for sale yet. I know you guys are wincing at being bugged about when the module will be released by all of us. I promise to wait until right before Christmas.

Joking aside, I can't wait for the Brits to arrive! The game just keeps getting better. Great job Battlefront.

I love music. Let's see how old our British mates on the forum are in a musical question. How many here still carry the spirit of Alex Harvey? Yes, I'm old.

I would imagine that one of the 'surprises' included in the Brit Pack will be the US Light Infantry formation and maybe some more US stuff. Otherwise, a lot of Americans just aren't going to buy it. I'm not expecting to see anything new for the Syrian side as the CM:SF title is ablout Modern Era combat against Syria and not against Russia or China or anybody else. However, I will be disappointed if they don't give the Syrians some trucks. There is absolutely no good reason for denying them to the Syrians other than the time it takes for BFC to 'code them in'.

I wouldn't say Americans would not be interested in the British expansion unless it had American military surprises. I for one (American) don't care if the US is in it or not and would in fact rather see more foreign updates to reflect multinational forces. I'd be more likely to want the module if it had French, German, Belgian or whatever units than more toys for the US military. That's just me though, ya could be right!

With the conflict being hypothetical there are a few ways they could go. Maybe the Russians send some new equipment to Syria? Maybe Iran gets involved at some point (opens another front or something)?

How many here still carry the spirit of Alex Harvey?

Ah, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band... 'Isabel Goudie' and 'They're burning Big Louie tonight' spring instantly to mind. I had forgotten about him until you mentioned him so later I'll have to do a search on Youtube to see if some of his music is up there. BTW, I'm not OLD... yet.:)

With regards to my 'lots of Americans won't buy it' comment, the key phrase is 'lots of'. I have no doubt that some of you are as eager to buy and play this as I am as well. But BFC are in this business to make money so it makes sense for them to include some new US stuff to encourage these others to buy it too. And I don't care as long as the Brits are done properly. Then I'll definitely return to playing and designing stuff for Blue forces. BTW, it's a bit of a joke that we're going into the CMWW2 title AFTER the Yanks. Talk about rewriting history.:D

With regards to Syrian stuff, yeah, sure, there's a lot that could go in but I'm pretty sure Steve hasn't changed his mind since he last stated that Syria already has 'more that they have in real life'. They might not even have a single T-90 in service yet so we're probably already in Lah-lah land as far as Syria is concerned. They're going to save up the good Russian stuff for CMSF2 in a temperate setting so don't hold your breath.

How many here still carry the spirit of Alex Harvey?

Ah, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band... 'Isabel Goudie' and 'They're burning Big Louie tonight' spring instantly to mind. I had forgotten about him until you mentioned him so later I'll have to do a search on Youtube to see if some of his music is up there. BTW, I'm not OLD... yet.:)

With regards to my 'lots of Americans won't buy it' comment, the key phrase is 'lots of'. I have no doubt that some of you are as eager to buy and play this as I am as well. But BFC are in this business to make money so it makes sense for them to include some new US stuff to encourage these others to buy it too. And I don't care as long as the Brits are done properly. Then I'll definitely return to playing and designing stuff for Blue forces. BTW, it's a bit of a joke that we're going into the CMWW2 title AFTER the Yanks. Talk about rewriting history.:D

With regards to Syrian stuff, yeah, sure, there's a lot that could go in but I'm pretty sure Steve hasn't changed his mind since he last stated that Syria already has 'more that they have in real life'. They might not even have a single T-90 in service yet so we're probably already in Lah-lah land as far as Syria is concerned. They're going to save up the good Russian stuff for CMSF2 in a temperate setting so don't hold your breath.

Ding! We have a winna!! Indonesia, are you Indonesian or a Brit living there? Look for "Zalvation". It's a fairly new live CD with the singing being done by "Mad Max". He does a great job at vocals. He doesn't try to reinvent anything & doesn't try to sound like Alex but he does pay great homage to Alex. Excellent CD to pick up. I don't drink anymore but "Big Louie" was a great song to sing along with when I did. You'll like the "Isabel Goudie" version on the new CD. The boys hit it.

I don't care if there is American equipment in the British module. I'm 100% American & I will buy is as soon as it comes out in preorder. I want to be able to try out other counties equipment. New toys makes ya happy.

I don't care if there is American equipment in the British module. I'm 100% American & I will buy is as soon as it comes out in preorder. I want to be able to try out other counties equipment. New toys makes ya happy.

Heres the rub. Its not different equipment, I rather think its the same stuff weve been playing with all along but in a different uniform. Not that it particularly bothers me one way or the other, but lets get some perspective here. New equipment here simply means a new skin. Ive not read anything here from anyone that says the contrary.

Still, looking forward to playing with the Brit skins though, should be fun. Especially brit Vs US.

Did anybody else notice that there's a spot on the repository for the Brit module already? Maybe it's closer than we think.

Well, knock me sideways with a feather. You're right. It's also featured in the top bar on their homepage too. I'm actually starting to get excited. Maybe it will be here for Christmas...

And it looks like onboard mortars will be included too since the L9A1 (51mm Mortar) is listed under small arms and weapons rather than artillery support. Cool... Of course, if this allows us to use mortars onboard, BFC will have to patch the game to allow non-Brit pack owners to have this option as well (v1.2?). And we might finally see those US 60mm mortars that were included among the promotional screenshots too.

Not to mention the M270Bi MLRS artillery module too...

Did anybody else notice that there's a spot on the repository for the Brit module already? Maybe it's closer than we think.

Well, knock me sideways with a feather. You're right. It's also featured in the top bar on their homepage too. I'm actually starting to get excited. Maybe it will be here for Christmas...

And it looks like onboard mortars will be included too since the L9A1 (51mm Mortar) is listed under small arms and weapons rather than artillery support. Cool... Of course, if this allows us to use mortars onboard, BFC will have to patch the game to allow non-Brit pack owners to have this option as well (v1.2?). And we might finally see those US 60mm mortars that were included among the promotional screenshots too.

Not to mention the M270Bi MLRS artillery module too...

One could only dream PT. Well i guess it's back to whomping on the syrians again. :)