Can Humvees go "hulldown"?

The other day I had a "whoa" moment: I had an LAV-AT in hull down with just the firing system exposed. It shot a missile at a tank, and as the ATGM was enroute, an RPG gunner made a long-range shot and nailed the firing/optics! Needless to say, the red tank was saved.

Steve you said something a while back about the adding some in game capability to the recon Hummer, did that ever happen? At this point all I do is park it in the safest possible spot and leave it there.

I realize its real usefulness kicks in when you start talking about many kilometer LOS situations where the fancy optics can really make a difference.

The other day I had a "whoa" moment: I had an LAV-AT in hull down with just the firing system exposed. It shot a missile at a tank, and as the ATGM was enroute, an RPG gunner made a long-range shot and nailed the firing/optics! Needless to say, the red tank was saved.

I had something similar happen to me. A BMP-1 fired an ATGM at one of my M1A1s moving in the open. The shot was from the flank so I braced for the possibility of a mobility kill or even an outright knockout but luckily my M1s turret was oriented in the right direction. The tank sighted the BMP, fired a quick shot, and knocked it out. The missile promptly plunged to the ground a hundred or so meters from my tank! I was impressed.

Anyway returning the issue of hull down Hummvees... I'll do some testing. If the optics can indeed be exposed while the rest of the vehicle remains hull down then I can see some usefulness being extracted from the unarmed scout Humvees. However, I still wish that they, as well as the Bradly FIST vehicle, wouldn't pop smoke and reverse out of LoS the moment they sight enemy armor. I know it probably saves them from attack, but as a result I've yet to be able to use them to call for direct artillery or CAS support on armor.

Wherever the LOS/Target line is traced from is the height that the game uses to calculate LOS. Generally it seems that the line is traced roughly from the turret or the sensors on top of any vehicle. So humvees can be in a hull/turret down position and spot as long as you can trace a line over the crest.

Only if the line is traced from a spot lower than the turret will any problems come in.