USMC Campaign

Finished the Marines campaign last night with a minor victory. Tactial defeat in the last battle. Who ever designed "Debouche to Disaster" deserves a place in hell.:D

No spoilers but that was a humdinger! Survival became my target. Some very memorable events occurred throughout the campaign. Thanks to all the campaign builders for their efforts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, minor victory first time round despite a total defeat in Debouch to Disaster because I had such a small weakened force to play with. I'm playing all the other scenarios now before I go back for another go.

I don´t think it has to do with your force being weakened only. You don´t really get much to play with on this one!

I played it twice Major Defeat on the first try and got I Minor Victory on the second try. I used arty on the village and lost 500 points for that!

Another masterpiece from George!

-

In that last scenario I began with two tanks, one which had no targeting system. One quickly got immobilized and operated as stationary piece. Luckily it was a good spot. With only one moving tank, the TOW humvees came into their own. They tore the crap out of the counter-attacking Syrian force. Ended the battle with no TOWs left, and only 1-2 rounds of AP on the tanks. Whew!

In that last scenario I began with two tanks, one which had no targeting system. One quickly got immobilized and operated as stationary piece. Luckily it was a good spot. With only one moving tank, the TOW humvees came into their own. They tore the crap out of the counter-attacking Syrian force. Ended the battle with no TOWs left, and only 1-2 rounds of AP on the tanks. Whew!

No tanks, one TOW humvee with no ammo. My two Javelin teams were busy boys! Ran out of Javelins. The last T72 had it's track blown off by grenades as it threatened to run amok. That squad deserved medals. Posthumously I'm afraid.

I don't recall what the colours meant anymore. Something along the lines of looping, branching, terminating.

That flowchart was a fairly early planning tool, and the campaign changed subsequently. However, there are supposed to be battles after DtD. They're good ones, too. We're trying to figure out why it's terminating at DtD :confused:

We're trying to figure out why it's terminating at DtD

It's not difficult. It's the campaign script. Just open it up and you'll see that you don't have a name for the 'next battle if win' (automatically goes to the end of campaign victory screen) and/or 'next battle if lose' (to the end of campaign lose screen) for DtD. It's a 2-3 minute fix. It's almost certainly a scripting error that's responsible for the failure to branch at the mountains mission that always takes you to Pooh. Again, 2-3 minute fix.

That's weird as I've had a LOT of experience writing scripts and compiling campaigns, especially when testing them, and I've never seen this problem at all. If it's permissable, I'd be willing to have a look at the script for you if you post it to me. I still think the problem is in your script and it's more than likely one of the branches that's missing something. Hasrabit had a huge number of branches but I had a flow chart like yours to keep it all clear.

Either way, I have to admit I'm pretty unimpressed with the poor state of the marine campaign. They had their own timetable to release this when ever they felt it was ready How did glaring errors like the paths in the mountain or (if nobody can get past DtD, that issue) get through to the release?!

Either way, I have to admit I'm pretty unimpressed with the poor state of the marine campaign. They had their own timetable to release this when ever they felt it was ready How did glaring errors like the paths in the mountain or (if nobody can get past DtD, that issue) get through to the release?!

I hope I'm not coming across as being negative with my earlier posts :o. I do understand how much time is needed to fully playtest a dynamic campaign and get it running properly and I for one, am really glad they released it when they did. :D

I also agree that with the community of this size, having a campaign with issues is a bit unforgivable. There are so many people who would give their left foot to beta test, there shouldn't be errors in campaigns or scenarios that BF creates for that matter. Love you guys, but it amazes me how things slip through like this sometimes.

I also agree that with the community of this size, having a campaign with issues is a bit unforgivable. There are so many people who would give their left foot to beta test, there shouldn't be errors in campaigns or scenarios that BF creates for that matter. Love you guys, but it amazes me how things slip through like this sometimes.

We were surprised as well. The script was fine on the test versions but something got nuked when it was all crated up for release. An updated version of the campaign will be released soon.