High-res Goodness of Latest Russian Equipment:

akd

leakyD,

SOFAIK, save for the WW II stuff, the ASU-57 and maybe the BM-21, most of that gear is operational and in service. Those aren't models standing around the equipment, but Russian soldiers!

akd,

Stellar find, with eye watering pictures infinitely better than any I ever saw during my military aerospace days! Still find it almost impossible to believe such things are shown, considering the insane things we did during the Cold War to get a tiny fraction of the data obtainable in one pic here. The WW II stuff was an unexpected bonus and a real joy. Please be sure to let the CMBB Forumites know about that link. The treadheads and modders will die. Me? I'm still reeling at the sight of a complete T-38 amphibious tank, having never seen anything other than a low res tiny black and white pic!

Regards,

John Kettler

Wow, these pictures are of unusually high quality! :) Truly dream pictures for anyone wanting to get accurate vehicle details, colors and camo schemes to paint their Russian armor model kits with. Also great for modders to use. :)

Thanks for the cool link. And respect to the Russian soldiers who maintained and painted all those vehicles so superbly. :)

Earl Grey,

while the U.S. troops might call this the Double Tap, I bet the Russians would name it something like Branching Lily or Two Roses, given their penchant for giving artillery flower names.

Was going to show you a little something the Germans worked on during the Cold War which must've given the GRU and General Staff types fits when they saw it. A Leopard chassis sporting two 120mm cannon! Unfortunately, I can't find a pic. Why fits? they didn't want anyone else building powerful SUs, such as the IT-122 and hotly debated IT-130.

Regards,

John Kettler

Ah, I remember that one, yes...

But the picture I posted actually is a new version of the 2s19 Msta-S SP howitzer - it is said the two barrels will effectively double ther RoF (or something like that) through a special mechanism that has one barrel firing while the other reloads. Would ahve to look for the article, though.

Either way, artillery is off-map, right? Although that baby'd make for one helluva Syrian StuG... :D

Ah, I remember that one, yes...

But the picture I posted actually is a new version of the 2s19 Msta-S SP howitzer - it is said the two barrels will effectively double ther RoF (or something like that) through a special mechanism that has one barrel firing while the other reloads. Would ahve to look for the article, though.

Either way, artillery is off-map, right? Although that baby'd make for one helluva Syrian StuG... :D

That picture and units been kicking around for a few years now , I think that's about as far as its actually gone in the development ,not sure if its even been test fired yet.

flamingknives,

That's it! The only picture I ever saw of it until yours was a small black and white head-on shot in INTERNATIONAL DEFENSE REVIEW. Where'd you get the pic? I tried four different search phrases in Google and got as close as a brief mention of it, but no image link that worked. What's the story on this thing? Also, when I did the research, I was positively astounded at the vast number of Leopard versions.

Regards,

John Kettler