QBG map survey

Hello all.

With the imminent arrival of Volume 2 of our teams efforts we are now at a stage where we have produced 40 QB/Scenario maps.

The stage we are at now is what do we do next?

Here is your chance to say what you want to see done.

We have some options:

1: A pack of roughly 5 "elite" maps i.e huge and taxing, tons of details but will need good rigs to run on.

2: Another pack of 20 QB/Scenario maps. "Standard" we call them.

3: A pack of 20 or so "Skirmish" maps. Real beer and pretzel stuff. Tiny maps with maybe a platoon of dismounts or a couple of tanks for very quick play. Note well...that is only an example of troop choices, it's just to give you an idea of scale.

So there you go.....have a think about it and post your opinions.

OK, thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

"I really like the beer and pretzel stuff with some standard scenario's for good measure.

Thank you princess ...you too mark. Both of you are much appreciated." quoted.

No probs, Grampa. I hope you get as much fun from playing as we do from making smile.gif The tiny terrors stole Meachs chocolate this afternoon and I immediatly thought of our previous chat lol

skirmish = tiny/small + very quick + pn or reinforced platoon forces

standard = small/medium + quick/medium + coy or reinforced company forces

elite = big + medium/long + reinforced coy or more (bn?) or more for maneouver warfare / mechanized heavy forces

i got this right?

haven't played much of the QBs (very few, didnt have time to play since 1.03 was released) but I would like a few of the big ones to have space of maneouver and use heavy forces too.

but yes, mixed packs would be nice, something like:

2 elites + 3 standard + 5 skirmish

and for example:

elite = 1 open / scattered trees/ochards + 1 mountain

standard = 1 open / 1 urban / 1 woods

5 skirmish ...

and in the next pack whenever it happens you can keep the same structure or maybe do 3 elite or 7 standard or 6 skirmish, whatever you feel is the best, and keep various setting. i would avoid doing a lot of MOUT though, as the game is not as good yet in that enviorenment, but as opatches come some big mout maps would be nice too, until then, mixed or small spare villages can do.

whatever you do, thank you!

Kicked to desktop? That sounds like a problem with CMSF and not so much the map.

I am no technical wizard but with the 40+maps produced you should get a fight with any combination of map parameters.

I don't wish to sound off-hand but you mean desktop as in...desktop and not back to the main option screen in CMSF? Please don't take offence I am just trying to narrow down what the exact problem is. smile.gif

Originally posted by KNac:

mmm have been trying to run QB but being kicked a lot to desktop, that made my mind...

i think your next objective should be having one map for each type of battle IN ALL SIZES (i think that's what kicks me to desktop)

In regards to the QB Map Pull: There are only Two types of maps: Attack/Defend or Meeting engagement. It is same as cmx1.

Size is a very large verable. There is a definit overlap of what Tiny is to what small is and What is medium and what is Large or Huge. This is what BFC said regarding Map size:

Map size is a factor. Here's how it is figured out:

Take the "average dimension" to be:

dimension = squareRoot (mapWidth x mapHeight)

So an 800m x 1200m map would have a "dimension" of 980m. (It's

nearly the simple average of the two but not quite)

Here is how "dimension" is then used to match with stated map sizes.

Tiny: <= 500m

Small: <= 800m

Medium: >= 500m and <= 1400m

Large: >= 800m and <= 2500m

Huge: >= 1000m

Don't know a thing about your crash to the desk top.

I find I get that if I alt + Q out of a mission. The next one to load crashes CMSF.

I used to do it when checking the maps for upload but since I tracked it to a recreatable set of actions I stopped doing it.

Don't use altQ to end a scenario, might help.

Like I say, it crashed a lot of battles for me at 72% after using it.