Nvidia 7xxx - Bad performance? Try this

Starting a new post because the solution is buried on the third page of another post.

If you have a 7xxx card and you are having trouble with performance in game - roll back your drivers to 94.24. Made a huge difference for me.

Also, if you have more than one core, try only using one for shock force - to do this, run the game and bring up the task manager. (ctrl-alt-del) Once that is up, find the shock force application, right click on it and go to 'core affinity.' Uncheck all cores except for one. You have to do this every time you run the game, as far as I can tell. This also boosted FPS for me a great deal.

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

Also, if you have more than one core, try only using one for shock force - to do this, run the game and bring up the task manager.[...]

...and I'll add for Vista users, you must click on 'Show Processes For All Users' first, then right click on CMSF, other wise you won't be permitted to change anything.

Good stuff Billy. This fix absolutely made CMSF much better for me. I went from the "ambush tutorial" being so slow and crappy it was unplayable. Even with the lowest settings. It now runs smooth as silk with with 1 CPU. Duel Core is the culprit.

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz

2.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ Dual Core rig and I hadn't noticed any slow down in the game. Anyway I tried using just one core, then reverting back to using both, and didn't really see any difference in FPS, getting around 26-30 FPS. I don't know if this is an average FPS for this game, but it looks fine to me when playing.

When I upgraded my 7800GTX to the newest drivers 162.18 I got stuck at 640x480 in CM:SF (although other games run normally at 1600x1200 and 1920x1200). The older drivers were 93.71. Winblows 2000.

I have been unable to resolve this so far because of a chain reaction described here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000059

In 640x480 I can also see that the graphics artifact I wanted to fix (slight zerba stripes) were still there, so the update was useless anyway.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

When I upgraded my 7800GTX to the newest drivers 162.18 I got stuck at 640x480 in CM:SF (although other games run normally at 1600x1200 and 1920x1200).

I have been unable to resolve this so far. In 640x480 I can also see that the graphics artifact I wanted to fix (slight zerba stripes) were still there, so the update was useless anyway.

Well this time both nvidia and ATI have screwed up drivers for their new cards.

People with updated ATI drivers are having good framerate and quality but are crashing when left cicking with the mouse.

Only been able to play in "spectator mode" á la counter strike, i can look but i can´t touch. :D

Blody Vista and its openGL support ! :mad:

Well,i could not get the game to run at first due to some "incompatible driver components" .I have a GT7800 Nvidia GPU and Vista 64 bit.

I decided to update my drivers to the latest forceware release which came out on Thurday,

here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_162.22.html

And guess what ? The game is absolutely flawless

for me now.I suspect it is something to do with opengl support for vista which this patch seems to support.Oh happy days :D

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

If you have a 7xxx card and you are having trouble with performance in game - roll back your drivers to 94.24. Made a huge difference for me.

How can u do this????? please help me!!!!

[ July 29, 2007, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: mitchell58 ]

How can u do this????? please help me!!!!
well, its verry simple! you just go into you systemsteuerung/system propertys, there you go "software".

there, in this list, you look for "NVIDIA"! most probably you just find 1(one)entry, "nvidia displaydrivers" or so.

you entfernen/remove them.

than the PC has to restart. when you are on the desktop again you will simply install the new drivers you "allready" downloaded(wich is better than to download them afterwards).

than another restart and its done.

basicly you cant break anything with this...worst case that can happen is that you dont have any usefull drivers for your card installed than, but when you are able to double click the exe the drivers are packed in, it wont happen ;)

Nvidia 7xxx - Bad performance? Try this
now why i come here to post.

i have a nividia GF7950gt, core duo 6XXX and winXP sp2 32bit.

after reading the troubleshooting bevor heaving the game i suspected problem. however the demo as the game are running without real problems.

i have those NGO something drivers installed since about 1 month, so i never tried the game with original Nvidia drivers. cant comment on that.

i play with modell detail on better, terrain detail on best, mulisampling on, 1280*960 and expirienced some slight bad frames in big action in the first campain battle, but most of the time in the battle it works, not perfectly but fluid enough to notice no single shuttering or other strange things wich come from low FPS.

i had no single crash whatsoever. jsut the little QB bug where you get back to main menue after pressing ok.

just come in to say that, if someone want to know what settings i have at some points to compare more or less same sytems wich can or cant run the game.

EDIT:

since rune stated it makes difference...but for me it doesnt.

my CPU, RAMbus are FSB whise cranked up.

my GPU cor and ram bus are overclocked too.

still no problems.

EDIt2:

i jsut tried to use 1 core instead of 2. it DROPS framerate by 8 in the test i ran.

[ July 30, 2007, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Thanks, I tried the above and still running like crap, no difference here.

I have also tried different drivers for my video card, but no luck.

I have the following configuration:

Core 2 Duo E6700

Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB

2 GB RAM

Creative X-fi

Windows Vista 32 bit.

I have an AMD Athlon 4000+ (not dual) and 7600GT vid. Ran pretty smooth until I installed the 162.18 drivers from Nvidia. Now I get choppy (almost unplayable) frames in any scenarios with buildings in them. I'll try rolling back to 94.24 and see if that helps. Developers always like to blame the drivers, but I haven't had issues in any other games, so I don't know that I buy that.

Originally posted by Wanker:

Thanks, I tried the above and still running like crap, no difference here.

I have also tried different drivers for my video card, but no luck.

I have the following configuration:

Core 2 Duo E6700

Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB

2 GB RAM

Creative X-fi

Windows Vista 32 bit.

Yeah, the drivers are meant for the 7xxx cards. I don't know if anybody has found a solution for the 8800's.

Will have to roll forward then molotov_billy to try 94.24 as still on 93.71 lol, can you get 94.24 for win xp pro 64 bit then does anyone know, am sure its not on nvidea site.

You could try downloading a Program called FRAPS Truppenfuhrung, it can run in the background and display on screen the frame rates you are getting in all your games, plus get max, min, average fps etc.

[ August 02, 2007, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

Rolled back to the 94.24 drivers and all is well. Had to turn down the texture settings to 'better', but I now get about 25fps (FRAPS) with everything else cranked at 1152x864\AA\8xAF. I'm loving the game too. Can't wait to see some of the mods\skins\missions that people come up with...

Originally posted by Budge4:

You could try downloading a Program called FRAPS Truppenfuhrung, it can run in the background and display on screen the frame rates you are getting in all your games, plus get max, min, average fps etc.

Thanks.

My frame rate only seem to drop significantly when I activate the Vsynch.

most people never get the FPS their monitor could run with the newer cards in CMSF currently :D

i suggest do Vsync on if you hate the sceen tearing from time to time. if you want the max possible frames(noone grant that you get more in any situation but it could allwys be)do it off.

if its off, better look into you Nvidia control panel and look if its "forced off" there too, otherwhise it mey not aplie...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlfieE

Hi,

Don’t know if this is related or useful, but thought I’d post it here in case it’s of use for 1.03 patch or for users experiencing problems with Nvidia SLI configurations.

I’ve got the following spec’d machine:

Intel Core 2 CPU 6.700 @ 2.66 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

MS. Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2, 2 x Nvidia Geforrce 7950 GT display adaptors on a ASUS P5nSLI motherboard.

I’ve rolled back my drivers to 94.24 and experienced an observable uplift in performance (I’ve found you have to be flexible with settings) - thanks for the advice.

Nevertheless, when I enable SLI configuration though the Nvidia Control Panel I’ve discovered that I cannot give orders to units directly. I can only access the order menus by clicking on the green arrows at the top of the screen.

I can ‘fix’ this by disabling the SLI settings and reverting to one display adaptor. Hopefully, this will be remedied in the 1.03 patch?

• 2 weeks later...

I found a solution on my pc, let me decide with everybody, hope, some of u find it useful.

My rig is x2 4400+ @2.53, 7950GT.

On the nvidia control panel I switched extension limit: ON, Threaded optimisation OFF, and the game ran pretty much smooth on both best @ 1024x768. I trieds to switch one of the core off and on and found it better with both of them running. (latest nvidia driver)

Good luck