Sig pic when

Mastiff

Ah, I don't know man. I have been a part of many of these gaming forums, and sure, some people abuse it with obnoxiously themed (or sized) signatures, etc...

But, overall, I think they allow us to put forth a bit of "personality" in this otherwise sterile internet environment. this forum, for example, feels a bit plain and personality-less, for lack of a better word.

For example, Mike, even the quickly set up forum for our Meta campaign (I am over there too), allows for avatars and sigs, and is leaps ahead in that regard.

Just my 2 pfenigs. smile.gif

I like the spartan look of this site, and I don't think BFC want to spend any time messing with forum software.

I like the Axis History Forum's take on it, one standard size small avatar image. No images in signatures, no animations allowed anywhere.

I'm with Dorosh on thisone.

But it was inevitable that the TOW-induced influx of 20k RTS kids to these boards would sooner or later contain the request for avatars, signature pics etc.

You're ignoring the 56k users. Besides bandwith, it's also cluttering up the overall impression of these boards.

Lastly, I have no yearning to see n-th iterations on the 55 Ubertiger paintshop BS theme.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

When will you guys allow us to put up animation sigs and such, you should have enough space by now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you can find all the space you need in the "I'm Seven Years Old" group at facebook.

BANG! Damn! right betweent the eyes! ;) Now that's a shot!

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

But it was inevitable that the TOW-induced influx of 20k RTS kids to these boards would sooner or later contain the request for avatars, signature pics etc.

Judging by the profile of the guy who started the thread, why don't you rethink that?

Your bandwidth concern is perfectly valid, so why do you have to throw in baseless insults as well? Last time I checked I haven't seen the word "pwned" thrown around here, so I would say the RTS crowd ISNT here.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfseven:

When will you guys allow us to put up animation sigs and such, you should have enough space by now?

smile.gif

I think you can find all the space you need in the "I'm Seven Years Old" group at facebook. </font>

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Judging by the profile of the guy who started the thread, why don't you rethink that?

Your bandwidth concern is perfectly valid, so why do you have to throw in baseless insults as well? Last time I checked I haven't seen the word "pwned" thrown around here, so I would say the RTS crowd ISNT here. </font>