My two cents, for anyone that cares

Pas De Charge

Originally posted by Chazman:

"Funny enough, meanwhile the game has excellent sales. The demo is out there for everybody to see what they think of the game. It turns out so far that the majority is liking it, but they're just voicing (sometimes in email) and not shouting"

Mr. Moon, you have had excellent sales and the the game went Gold before it shipped or the demo was out.

It went gold on the excellent reputation BF had with every hard core wargamer, including me.

Your reputation is now shot, because this game is a huge disappointment and I suspect the sales will plummet after the word gets out.

Shame on you guys for putting your name on this title!

Not at all, its an excellent game, and it deserves to sell good. I wouldnt hesitate to recomend it myself. On this forums it is on like so many other forums. Its the ones with PROBLEMS of various kinds that is the loudest, those ones who likes it doesnt post much or doesnt post anything period. (But yeah, the game aint perfect, not many are)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chazman, the term "going Gold" in software is not the same thing as a Gold record. When software "goes Gold" it means the final version has been completed and it is being sent out to be made into discs and any further changes will be through patches. It has nothing to do with sales volume.

By Chazman at it´s so called gamespot review.

"I have been a fan of Battlefront and 1C games for years, owning the great Combat Mission series and Ilusion2 flight simulators from these respective companies."

Next time you want to say you played something you didn`t, at least get the name right.

The name is IL2-Sturmovik.

And IL means for something like Ilyushin, not bloody Ilusion. :mad:

Is this some kind of personal vendetta against Battlefront or maybe 1C, get over it, cold war is over, you can walk on red square eating a Big Mac, drinking Coca Cola and reading Playboy magazine.

Originally posted by Slapaho:

Because I am a satisfied customer I am being made out to be a 'fanboy', an idiot that needs to be told why I should not like this game. Why should I and others who do like this game be chased off by a bunch of self serving and tedious people who think they have a given right to post. So they dont like LoS, LoF, cover, the AI - they dont like the game - wtf do they want us to do about it.

Because i am not a satisfied customer i am being made out to be a whiner, an idiot that needs to be told why i should like this game. Why should i and others who do not like the faults in this game be chased off by a bunch of self serving and tedious people who think they have a given right to post. So they like Los, LoF, cover, the AI - they like the game - wtf do they want us to do about it.

Move over chief, oncoming traffic. :D

it sounds like some individuals who come from a certain party of when they dont like something or an opinion they attack the messenger and/or they are all for free speech but only the type on the left. Krull can disagree with the product, that's his right as a purchaser of the game that cost 53 bucks. We can almost all agree that a BMW is a solid vehicle. Do you think BMW would put out a Hugo and just slap a BMW template on it? heck no! Like I said before, Battlefront does have some responsibility with the production of this game or else the next time they promote a product they need to think twice about the product. All I hear from people is excuses, Battlefront-admit that you didnt do the homework and that you will look at in-house reasearch to make sure it doesnt happen again. Plus, its good that we can agree to disagree and for thos eindividuals who dont like something KEEP COmplaining

Chazman, I specifically mentioned that the game is selling well, right now, after the demo and after the release, and did not talk about pre-orders only. The louder you and a few others here (Krull, that's you among others) keep repeating the same nonsense over and over, the less people will be listening (if they ever were).

Martin

huhr, nothing to admit or feel ashamed of, and we would publish TOW any time again. It's a fantastic and fun game, not as brainless as most other RTS out there, and while not completely realistic in a number of areas (some of which we would have certainly done differently if we had developed the game), it is great fun for what it is.

If you can't see that, it's your loss.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Chazman, I specifically mentioned that the game is selling well, right now, after the demo and after the release, and did not talk about pre-orders only. The louder you and a few others here (Krull, that's you among others) keep repeating the same nonsense over and over, the less people will be listening (if they ever were).

Martin

'scuse me Moon?

I'm not repeating the same 'nonsense' over & over as it was never 'nonsense' in the first place.

No need to reiterate what that 'nonsense' is as it's well covered here already by now.

But 'nonsense' it aint.

Picking up on a 'whining' 'fanboy' projecting the same double standard you seem to endorse is worthy of quoting though. ;)

I guess I don't do enough time on forums. Is this kind of hating common? I see the same group of people all over these boards beating the same drum about how 'broken' the game is and then quickly descending into insults. The game is playing well and is far from broken. If you guys hate it so much then move on to a game you like. I think this game is good and believe it will soon be great. My only fear is a few motivated posters are going to scare potential customers away from a good war game that will only get better.

Who's hating?

You're seeing 'the same group of people all over these forums beating the same drum' in proportion to the ammount of replies they receive.

One side can have their say but a response by the other is denied?

Happy for you that you are pleased with the title.

I, and more than a few other individuals are not.

But that doesn't seem to be the issue any longer.

We made our points already & are happy that the issues raised are being investigated & hopefully patched.

All you're seeing currently is a witch hunt by those that have had their backs rubbed up the wrong way by the inconvenient truth & a refusal to let it lie.

Constant abuse & snide remarks spread over a good few people so that they don't look too obvious against a few that are obliged to respond in order to maintain their point of view & defend it against BS attacks.

The 'whiners' have accomplished their unexpected unfortunate mission in reporting the obvious problems which are acknowledged &, some, being worked on.

Funny how we are the 'whiners' when the issues we flagged are acknowledged.

We seem to have become 'whiners' because we got in & bought the title as soon as we could.

We had first exposure as the paying public in Europe.

Now that the problems we flagged are acknowledged there seems to be a refusal by some of this community to let it go.

Because there are a vocal majority in these exchanges that knows no better or cares less, as far as i can see, the 'whiners' copped the 'fanboy' gang-bang.

Funny how the issues we first raised that were railed against are now being fixed by a patch.

Like i've already said elsewhere; i'm not even talking about the titles deficiencies for the last day or so. Just defending myself against those that support the company line & continue to be both rude & abusive on a personal level.

Originally dribbled by George Bush:Let us not tolerate those that speak of....

Yea, I get it. You're a victim. Honestly, I resent being called a 'fanboy' for daring to see the good in this game along with what needs fixing. If there are problems with pathing or LOS it doesn't follow that it needs to be scrapped. Also, those that have been very vocally bashing this game give themselves way too much credit if they believe that they are responsible for patching. Spare me.

Originally posted by Smoke:

Yea, I get it. You're a victim. Honestly, I resent being called a 'fanboy' for daring to see the good in this game along with what needs fixing. If there are problems with pathing or LOS it doesn't follow that it needs to be scrapped. Also, those that have been very vocally bashing this game give themselves way too much credit if they believe that they are responsible for patching. Spare me.

Yea, I get it. You're a victim. Honestly, I resent being called a 'whiner' for daring to see the faults in this game along with what's ok. If there are problems with pathing or LOS it doesn't follow that it needs to be scrapped. Also, those that have been very vocal in big-upping this game give themselves way too much credit if they believe that they are responsible for patching. Spare me.

Strewth, another guy who thinks he's driving down a one way street with all the traffic going his way........ :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Krull:

]Yea, I get it. You're a victim. Honestly, I resent being called a 'whiner' for daring to see the faults in this game along with what's ok. If there are problems with pathing or LOS it doesn't follow that it needs to be scrapped. Also, those that have been very vocal in big-upping this game give themselves way too much credit if they believe that they are responsible for patching. Spare me.

Strewth, another guy who thinks he's driving down a one way street with all the traffic going his way........ :rolleyes:

you're guilty of hogging the road yourself, chump. but somehow i dont think that you are possessed of the self awareness to be able to determine this.

but its all in fun, right? you're just here for the entertainment to be found in stirring up a mess. you've said *that* about five times too.

you're tiresome.

"Next time you want to say you played something you didn`t, at least get the name right.

The name is IL2-Sturmovik.

And IL means for something like Ilyushin, not bloody Ilusion"

Usually when those whose intellectual ammo clip is empty, resort to the asinine spell checker mode.

I have every version of CM and IL2 including Pacific Fighters.

I fully expected this game to be a winner, hence my pre-purchase excitement when I posted on my gaming clans forum

http://www.10-78.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10679

Usually when those whose intellectual ammo clip is empty, resort to the asinine spell checker mode.

what good is an intellectual battle with you, chazman? its all emotion.

I have every version of CM and IL2 including Pacific Fighters.

cool. so do I. just picked up 46 in fact.

I fully expected this game to be a winner, hence my pre-purchase excitement when I posted on my gaming clans forum

http://www.10-78.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10679

[/QB]

Chazman, I specifically mentioned that the game is selling well, right now, after the demo and after the release, and did not talk about pre-orders only. The louder you and a few others here (Krull, that's you among others) keep repeating the same nonsense over and over, the less people will be listening (if they ever were).[i/]

Moon, better check out the Gamespot player reviews, TOW went from 7.2 to 6.9 in short order.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/theatreofwar/index.html?q=theatre%20of%20war&tag=result;title;0

Moon, just answer us (the great unwashed complainers) this, will the game get fixed (soon) so that,

There is semi-realistic LOS/LOF, where you can actually hide your tanks and men behind lines of trees and bushes?

Will the unrealistic matches of T-34s knocking the snots out of Tiger at long range be fixed?

Will the infantry be able to enter building?

Will the camera controls be easy and intuitive like CM has?

Will the infantry and tanks actually obey orders, and not stand up under fire, or turn there hull side ways towards the oncoming fire?

etc. etc. etc.

If you can fix this stuff, the game may actually be playable and fun.

Chazman, all of these issues will be looked at. If they will be fixed is another question, which I can only answer after we have a patch ready and in testing. In fact, I am not sure if some of the items you mention need a fix at all.

Martin