8:00pm 18th no game so far

dez1

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear franz,

How did I not see their fiendish plan before. By creating just enough of a game to make a "demo" and post a few "in game" movies they can rack up thousands ...maybe even millions... of preorder greenbacks. Sitting in their lair clicking refresh like monkeys wastching the money pile up, smoking cheap cigars and drinking Jim Beam. ....

I completely disagree. These are GOOD cigars and well aged Scotch boys. None of that cheap stuff. :cool:

Sorry to toss a bomb, but anyone notice it's mostly noobs doing the complaining? I mean, geez, go play some CMAK or CMBB and tell me what you're worried about.

[ April 18, 2007, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Von Fauster ]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I got to say is that law and BSing aside it's good practice to let people have a refund if they haven't been satisfied. Specailly when you've let them down.

I understand that BF cares and tried their best to get this ready on time for preorders, and then turned to tried to have the game ready to even come out ontime. I appreciate that they're probably on hour 58 with their 9th coffee in hand, yelling that the computer.

They just need to do a few things right now to redeem themselves back to Wolfie's "awesome" standards ( a high honor, I reassure you):

1.Accept refunds, (I invite people who really want a refund and don't just want to read their own post to ask BF like you're suppose to... through their business email... I doubt they won't accept it. No promises, I didn't read up on it.)

2.Still let pre-orders have a sometime to download before others. (Make them feel specail, they deserve it!)

3.Applogize, (Don't be like EA, Sierra, and other BS producers/developers that can't admit they made a mistake.)

4.Don't let it happen again. (Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.... YOU AIN'T GONNA FOOL ME AGAIN!! )

Does anyone see anything against that?

Originally posted by Von Fauster:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear franz,

How did I not see their fiendish plan before. By creating just enough of a game to make a "demo" and post a few "in game" movies they can rack up thousands ...maybe even millions... of preorder greenbacks. Sitting in their lair clicking refresh like monkeys wastching the money pile up, smoking cheap cigars and drinking Jim Beam. ....

I completely disagree. These are GOOD cigars and well aged Scotch boys. None of that cheap stuff. :cool:

Sorry to toss a bomb, but anyone notice it's mostly noobs doing the complaining? I mean, geez, go play some CMAK or CMBB and tell me what you're worried about. </font>

Elvis get a grip, I don’t think anyone here is seriously implying things like they haven't been working on it or caring because they are just sitting back counting the thousands rolling in, no but there is a valid point to be made and it was nicely summed up by guttersnipe when he wrote, “these are merely symptomatic reactions to the lack of respect some customers have felt by not having their points dealt with rationally, and openly,”. It is now 11am on the 19th and ----- yes you guessed it no game.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was born standing up and talking back

Dear dez1,

You're awake again I see. No one says there are sitting around counting money...then you missed this post by franz:

"franz

Member # 6702

posted April 18, 2007 04:23 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, it must be hell watching your credit card balance rise by thousands of dollars each hour.

I really pity the poor souls."

And when you should be doing the "wake and bake" move you instead did the "wake and complain" move instead of reading the top sticky thread that Matt started last night.

Love,

Elvis

Perhaps Madmatt in the thread entitled “The Facts. The Pre-Order Situation, Download Activation Timing and Background” was talking to customers on EST only. Not the world wide web I will find out in the morning.

Originally posted by dez1:

PoE I read on another thread that it locks after a while if you do that, do you know if this is true?

Honestly, all I can relate to you is my own experience.

I pre-ordered the game, and received a confirmation of purchase email that included the download link.

When I visited the forum this evening and learned that downloads had begun, I went to my email client and clicked on that link.

It took me straight to the download page where I provided my proof-of-purchase code.

I was then able to download the game.

PoE

Originally posted by dez1:

Thanks PoE I may try that tomorrow, I just think the no e-mail, after all the rest of what never happened, is just bad form.

Actually, it may have been bad-form for me to have jumped ahead of others in line ahead of me by accessing the page via the email link, before I received my invite. Who knows?

PoE

Sigh. I got CM:AK and CM:BB, BF makes great war simulations. I don't doubt TOW will be great also.

Keep hope alive!!!

But I'm disapointed. Not for the delay, but the fact that I had to read this bs thread to find out what's causing the delay and what the ETA for release is and I still can't find an answer.

Please post something on the news page before midnight tonight.

Thanks.

Scratch my post above. The prince comes through for me and answers my prayers.

I vote Eckmuhl king of BF !!!

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dez1:

PoE I read on another thread that it locks after a while if you do that, do you know if this is true?

I pre-ordered the game, and received a confirmation of purchase email that included the download link.

When I visited the forum this evening and learned that downloads had begun, I went to my email client and clicked on that link.

It took me straight to the download page where I provided my proof-of-purchase code.

PoE </font>

Originally posted by WooTzu:

Scratch my post above. The prince comes through for me and answers my prayers.

I vote Eckmuhl king of BF !!!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dez1:

PoE </font>

---> @ dez1

posted April 20, 2007 01:42 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

looks like something went FUBAR with the emails, then. Sorry about that

We're using an Email Manager program also for sending out press releases and the newsletter and the logs clearly show that the emails went out. Of course the people posting here still are a tiny amount compared to the emails than went out (a few thousand), but clearly something didn't work as it should. It's possible that the emails were blocked at the server level by something like spamcop I guess. That's always a problem when you send out a huge batch of emails. It happens everytime I send out the newsletter, which is one of the reasons why we don't send out newsletters often

So, please accept my apologies, and we're goign to look into a different email service for the next release.

Martin

You email does not contain any information needed to do it. It was just a "go go go" message. You should have all the necessary information in your order confirmation, either from the confirmation page you're directed to after the order, or from the confirmation email which is automatically sent afterwards. If you don't have the info, please email elicense@battlefront.com

Martin